• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asnradeon8
Hopefully you get some more size 29 indigos on your next restock. Pmed for a reservation just in case.

Hey man,

Just wrote you back - sorry, but we're clean out of 29 in Indigo. We've got a restock of other sizes though. All of our jean inventory online has been fully updated:

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...nim/Categories

Our next delivery is scheduled for around 3/15. We'll get two styles:

1. The Smith in Cone Mills Indigo & Kurabo Black

2. The Hoyt in Cone Mills & Kurabo Black

Our new Cone Mills Indigo is beautiful. It's a bit lighter weight than the deadstock and has an all-natural selvedge line (not redline). We'll also use a contrast stitch for both.

The Hoyt fit is in sampling right now. I'm working like holy hell on it. It's designed to be the best-fitting raw denim jean on Earth for guys with larger thighs. A perfect blend of a well-fitted top block with a reasonably tapered leg and a small-ish leg opening. It's going to be the burner.

Whiskey

Reaction score
Mike, even with the new TTS sizing are you going to make some smaller sizes like 27, 28?

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey man,
The Hoyt fit is in sampling right now. I'm working like holy hell on it. It's designed to be the best-fitting raw denim jean on Earth for guys with larger thighs. A perfect blend of a well-fitted top block with a reasonably tapered leg and a small-ish leg opening. It's going to be the burner.

will these fit slim in the seat? I have somewhat large thighs and no butt, so whenever I get a jean to fit well in the thighs the seat is always loose.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
Welcome back Mike! Enjoy the cold weather.

Oh my god, it's brutal here. I don't want to hear any more LA people complain about "all the rain lately."

How about the g-damn Siberia freezing cold that's going on here?

Originally Posted by Whiskey
Mike, even with the new TTS sizing are you going to make some smaller sizes like 27, 28?

We'll definitely make 28, and it will be smaller than our current 28 - which runs more like a 29. But we don't have any plans to make a 27 at the moment.

Originally Posted by blynch
will these fit slim in the seat? I have somewhat large thighs and no butt, so whenever I get a jean to fit well in the thighs the seat is always loose.

Good question. Everything that we make is some degree of slim - and I'm conscious to make the Hoyt more fitted than the larger-leg Japanese repro's and WAY more fitted than any kind of "relaxed" cut from Levi's or such. I'm not sure if it's going to fit you perfectly in the seat, but chances are good that it won't be huge there.

That said, I've had quite a few guys with your build buy our Rudy trousers. The great thing about them is that you can easily tailor the waist and seat to a perfect fit. It's not denim, but if you need an ass-kicking Italian cotton gabardine tan trouser, we'll have you covered in 2-3 weeks.

welchey3

Reaction score
anyone know how these would fit compared to a N&F weirdguy cut? im interested in these, and am looking for a slim fit, not skinny jean.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steviecakes
this may or may not have been asked before but any plans for a slimmer, "skinny" cut?

Go elsewhere with your skinny cut nonesense
devil.gif

PS: Mike - I finally put my order in for the size 30 indigo's. Can't wait and hope the fits works out!

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was so impressed with my black ones, im thinking of getting indigo as well, but would like some contrast stitching. Is the "natural line" selvage white basically?
Dont know if I can wait till march 15 for a new pair of indigo's....

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by welchey3
anyone know how these would fit compared to a N&F weirdguy cut? im interested in these, and am looking for a slim fit, not skinny jean.

These would definitely have the fit that you're looking for. We sell a lot of N&F in the shop, so I'm pretty familiar with the sizing. I'd go one inch below whatever you wear in the Weird Guy.

Originally Posted by steviecakes
this may or may not have been asked before but any plans for a slimmer, "skinny" cut?

Not in the immediate future, but we've had a lot of success with this collection, so anything's possible. For the moment we're working on a slightly bigger fit and our first shirting releases, but I could imagine us hooking up a true slim fit down the road.

Originally Posted by tonio028
PS: Mike - I finally put my order in for the size 30 indigo's. Can't wait and hope the fits works out!

Thank you sir! We gonna be shipping that with a quickness in the morning.

Originally Posted by eglbc
I was so impressed with my black ones, im thinking of getting indigo as well, but would like some contrast stitching. Is the "natural line" selvage white basically?
Dont know if I can wait till march 15 for a new pair of indigo's....

Thanks! The natural line selvedge is undyed cotton - so it's a cream-colored off-white. Really nice. Once we confirm the denim purchase, I'll post up a swatch scan. The new indigo is a little under 2oz lighter, and has a different texture than the deadstock indigo. The deadstock stuff is pretty special, so I could see a person owning all three
bigstar[1].gif

givemefive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
will take better ones later.. was on/off raining storming like a muthafucka. for the record i don't wear them cuffed just wanted to show the selvedge/\\
those pics sold me. Can't wait till they get here.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's the weft on the new indigos going to be like? The white weft on the original run is really the only thing the prevented me from pulling the trigger. I like a more all around dark indigo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads