• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS /10

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Camp and popover shirt fit pictures from Museum Ark and Second Stage.

camp_1.jpg
camp_2.jpg

camp_3.jpg
pop_1.jpg

Rae_

Reaction score
Not quite S/S, but any chance they would bring this back? Or even release something similar?
engineeredgarmentsvest.jpg
Or even any where online that still has them?

JO3B

Reaction score
those were made again in limited supply for the past fall winter.

its specifically a winter peice as its down filled. fyi, its an amazing versatile peice and you'd be surprised how far that + a bedford goes in freezing cold ny temperatures. i've hardly worn my other EG winter coats because of that combo.

ryannn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yardsale
whats the p2p on ENGINEERED GARMENTS BD Popover Shirt

or at least any of their short sleeve shirts?

From Ark:

Front body | About successor | Width | Shoulders | Sleeve | Cuffs

S size / 前身ごろ:65.5cm 後身ごろ:70.5cm 身幅:51cm 肩幅:42cm 袖丈:22cm 袖口:16.5cm

M size / 前身ごろ:67.5m 後身ごろ:72.5cm 身幅:53cm 肩幅:44cm 袖丈:23cm 袖口:17.5cm

Not sure what the first 3 measurements are from the google translate.

Noochie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
From Ark:

Front body | About successor | Width | Shoulders | Sleeve | Cuffs

S size / 前身ごろ:65.5cm 後身ごろ:70.5cm 身幅:51cm 肩幅:42cm 袖丈:22cm 袖口:16.5cm

M size / 前身ごろ:67.5m 後身ごろ:72.5cm 身幅:53cm 肩幅:44cm 袖丈:23cm 袖口:17.5cm

Not sure what the first 3 measurements are from the google translate.

Front length, back length, and P2P i assume?

el duderino

Reaction score
The Bureau has both popover and camp shirt measurements as well. According to their measurements, the camp shirt P2P is half inch larger than the workshirts.

Based on the shoulder measurements, it seems like you could follow Robin's advice about being able to size up one on the popover shirts. Anyone else who actually owns both shirts want to chime in on their fits compared to the longsleeve EG shirts?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for reference guys with all EG i am an XS, in work shirt i am an XS yet in the camp shirt i would need a XXS, it fits quite large IMO. as far as the popover goes i'm not sure, as i'm not a huge EG fan, i've just tried on a good amount of the garments.

Edd

Reaction score
my camp shirt from last summer is quite generous, bought a medium which is 22" pit-pit, fits nice around the chest but find it a little loose at the bottom... i'd say a bit of a 'boxy' fit, shirt doesn't taper. Also quite wide in the arm. Prefer to wear mine with a l/sleeve t-shirt underneath. Will probably size down to a small this year.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never owned the pop over, but Gary had advised me that if I stayed TTS (small in EG) that it would give a slim fit, but that he himself sized up on it last season to keep it looser for him.

I do have experience with the camp shirt (see this post for a fit pic) and I stayed TTS on that one and I was fine with the fit. It is meant to fit boxy so sizing down would have screwed up my shoulder measurements.

Generally and I stay the same size in all my EG shirts. Sizing up on jackets I get b/c some of the slimmer fit ones work better sized up if you are going to layer a handful, but on shirts I stay TTS. EG is more of a looser fit aesthetic, so I never got the size down deal some do. If I want super slim/slimmer fits, I go to other brands.

el duderino

Reaction score
Tonio, your fit on the camp shirt is what I was looking to get, so I think I will fine with my Odin order. I went TTS with the camp shirt and sized up one for the popover.

Totally agree with your thoughts on sizing. With a good shoulder fit, the shirts still drape close to the body and not like you are wearing a sack even with the fuller body.

DrPat

Reaction score
Do you know if any non-Japanese shops will carry the white camp shirt?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads