• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Billy Reid's collection...

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the s/s 09 shoes are awesome, i esp. like the untreated shoes (theres a captoe wholecut and an ankle boot), right now with 25% off

KA1555

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts/first hand opinions on this bag:

504-0210p.jpg

http://www.billyreid.com/weekender-bag-p-5040210.html

My only fear is that it may be too large to carry. Thoughts?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got an email about Billy Reid's new "Washed Shoe Collection".

gas_0388_2.jpg

gas_0390_2.jpg

gas_0392_2.jpg

Available at Odin NYC and in the Billy Reid stores.

I really like the third boot, the washed Roper -- might have to hit the Charlotte store and see if they have it in.

videocrew

Reaction score
I don't understand this whole washed shoe thing. I f-ing love my Billy Reid Ropers though.

Arms_Akimbo

Reaction score
I like quite a few pieces from this season's collection, especially the shoes. It's at good prices, and his website has some decent sale pieces. Will hopefully pick up a thing or two when my finances stabilize.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heads up: the Billy Reid in Charlotte (Southpark Mall) is closing in three weeks or so. The SA there said they were probably going to relocate to Atlanta. Bunch of stuff was on sale. Mostly clothing -- shoes were not. I tried on the Natchez wingtip slip-on and the Indianola shoe-boot. I was a 9.5 in the Natchez and a 10 in the Indianola. For reference I'm a 10D in most leather shoes.
401-0601f.jpg
403-0655f.jpg
I picked up the navy lambswool/cash crewneck.
gas_199.jpg
**** is nice, and much darker than the product pic above -- it's a true navy and goes well with raw denim. EDIT: I'm contemplating putting it up on B&S, though -- I got a medium and I'm on the fence whether I should have gotten a small. I'll sleep on it.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I was always curious how BR's sizing and fit would work with me. If I recall we share similar sizes so I imagine I'd probably be a small too. What are the medium measurements for that? I was interested in that piece when I checked out the site a little while back.

Also, is the price in store comparable to the sale prices on line or were they better?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're a little bit smaller than me (remember that Andover worked out for you not me) and the small would probably be right up your alley.

The prices are about equal when you consider shipping for online orders and sales tax for in-store orders.

paulesquire1

Reaction score
charlotte store is closing sat. extra 40% off red line price so i picked up a couple of wovens for less than $30 a pop. crazy prices and they are selling antique frames and furniture. too bad they're closing, one of the cooler stores in the qc.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by paulesquire1
charlotte store is closing sat. extra 40% off red line price so i picked up a couple of wovens for less than $30 a pop. crazy prices and they are selling antique frames and furniture. too bad they're closing, one of the cooler stores in the qc.
Boo. Spot blown. (I'm headed there tomorrow morning.) Is it really Saturday? I was told they were closing on Sunday.

paulesquire1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Boo. Spot blown. (I'm headed there tomorrow morning.)

Is it really Saturday? I was told they were closing on Sunday.

yea, don't worry, not many people here appreciate it. it's almost like stealing in there, wanted last summer's suede indianolas but they were too big.

czjl

Reaction score
Billy Reid is having sale off their F/W Collection now! so definitely a good time to check it out. they've slashed by about 30% online i think. Cheers!

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what the fit of the boots are like? TTS? I'm looking at the Marigny specifically.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by paulesquire1
yea, don't worry, not many people here appreciate it. it's almost like stealing in there, wanted last summer's suede indianolas but they were too big.

Haha, I was looking at the Indianolas the last time I was at the store.

I ended up not going this weekend, partially because I remembered there being almost nothing in my size when I went beginning of January. C'est la vie.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caveat
Anybody know what the fit of the boots are like? TTS? I'm looking at the Marigny specifically.
Last year I had to size down to a 8.5. I'm usually a 9.5-10 in sneakers & shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads