• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to reiterate how great of a guy Mike is. Despite being five fashion geeks in Manhattan during sale season, I think aside from socks the only purchases we made were from Mike. The Epaulet x Bailey's fedora rocks!

We will be posting some in-depth coverage of his shop and upcoming buys later

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
post pics of the fedoras in action!!!

i dont think i can pull it off ... haha

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Racing Green
Just received my Alden suede chukkas and wanted to thank Mike publicly for his spot on customer service.
Thank you sir - I'm really glad that they worked out! We're doing a special edition of those guys in Navy this Spring.
Originally Posted by Magician
I want to reiterate how great of a guy Mike is. Despite being five fashion geeks in Manhattan during sale season, I think aside from socks the only purchases we made were from Mike. The Epaulet x Bailey's fedora rocks! We will be posting some in-depth coverage of his shop and upcoming buys later
Thank you - it was great meeting you guys too. I have to say, you were f-ing born to wear that Fedora. It was perfect.
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
post pics of the fedoras in action!!! i dont think i can pull it off ... haha
You can see some of our model fit pics on the hat detail pages: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...-Fedora/Detail http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...-Fedora/Detail I've also got a bunch of pictures of the Styleforum crew in action at Patrick's KMW party. Including an ass-kicking card trick by Magician. I'll work up a post on them. It was an awesome night which led to an absolutely horrible morning after.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just a heads-up, our shop and online store are closed until Feb 1st. Adele and I are doing an SF to LA circuit that's half-work and half-vacation. We're old school at the shop, so we typically close for a week in January and a week in August.

Any online orders placed after Monday will ship on Feb 1st - as mentioned on the site. Can't wait to meet with our LA workshops next week. We've got a few goodies to work on:

* new editions of the EP's Smith Jean
* a new EP's Hoyt Jean that will be the best fitting large thigh jean in the history of man. I'm sick of not having any jean fit me the way that I want, so it's a personal mission.
* Button-Fly military chinos
* A few casual shirting styles
* Awesome slim fit shorts

And, of course, karaoke pain with Whodini and Joel K. from KZO.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whut? karaoke? where?? :p

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a little preview - we're scheduled to get this around the second week of Feb. This horsehide was spec'd by Schott's Japanese team and has a fantastic fit. It's a classic 40's style that's made in the USA, and it will retail around $650. Production quantity was super tight, and we're getting 6 pieces. We'll actually be one of the only accounts in the US to have it. It's got a really nice shape that you don't see too often.

4293812559_51aff5f9e6_m.jpg

See larger

4294554808_9bd2580382_m.jpg

See larger

4294555024_8584f8da55_m.jpg

See larger

Did I mention that this thing is stiff? Holy ****! You've got your work cut out in breaking this in. The good news is that you'll get the next 40 years to do it. I can't imagine this thing ever dying.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What sort of denim are you planning to use for the THUNDA THIGH jean?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
What sort of denim are you planning to use for the THUNDA THIGH jean?

Thunda thigh? Hey, just cause we've got big legs doesn't mean we're not sensitive guys too!

Good question though. I've got to find a new basic indigo denim to replace the deadstock one that we're nearly out of. I'll see what Cone varieties I can get. I'll probably run the new pattern in Kurabo black too - it's got a great subtle finish and has been really popular.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thunda thigh? Hey, just cause we've got big legs doesn't mean we're not sensitive guys too!

Good question though. I've got to find a new basic indigo denim to replace the deadstock one that we're nearly out of. I'll see what Cone varieties I can get. I'll probably run the new pattern in Kurabo black too - it's got a great subtle finish and has been really popular.

I've been a card-carrying member since the mid-90s. You aren't alone. Brands such as Flat Head are off limits for this reason.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We've got a ton of good stuff landing in the next 2-3 weeks. For the moment, here's a little Spring '10 intro with our first two Gitman Vintage styles. The club collar oxford is a special makeup that we spec'd out.

Be sure to check the measurements. Gitman patterns aren't that consistent, and both of these have a slightly different fit.

Gitman%20Red%20Oxford%20Lo.jpg

Red Oxford with Club Collar: $150

Gitman%20Brown%20Plaid%20Lo.jpg

Brown Plaid with Buttondown Collar: $165

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ugh, no small?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads