• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have a pair of Y's Docs in my shoe closet I've never worn, as well. Riri backzip and crepe sole.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmm . . . A Continuous Lean releases a black oxford and throws Americana under the bus:

"That, according to [Michael] Williams, is intentional. "Some of this Americana stuff has been exhausted, and it's not fun anymore," says the Cleveland native. "More than anything, this is sort of hitting the reset button. I don't want to wear buffalo plaid anymore.""

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2...k/?ref=fashion

zissou, don't know if you are out there right now, but I saw South Pacific last night and you would have gone crazy over it. It was all 1940's naval gear.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
hmm . . . A Continuous Lean releases a black oxford and throws Americana under the bus:
laugh.gif
I have a black oxford shirt that I've never worn. Thought I could make it work, but nope. Maybe someday. And dudes in NYC should never have been wearing buffalo plaids to begin with.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Michael Williams says some ridiculous ****

... I think black oxford is pretty gangster.

The idea behind the black is a nod to Johnny Cash, and the white is kind of a nod to Paul Newman, who’s a Clevelander.

mindbending choice of white oxford.

JaPo

Reaction score

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Also, should i buy cheapy urban outfitters outerwear because it's 50% off sale?

I've done it, it works. For items which are not real demanding on fit like *coats* I am comfortable buying from UO. I won't buy UO at retail no matter what the item due to the conservative leaning of the owner.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate bidding for stuff on ebay. Somebody always outbids me with 2 seconds left

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Also, should i buy cheapy urban outfitters outerwear because it's 50% off sale? I wasn't going to but picking up some variety to the 2 warm jackets i own would be nice. A black, blue or green/blue plaid peacoat for like $30 each is tempting. Same with a green quilted bedford looking thing. I know i shouldn't and just save but i'm impulsive (well, not too much so or i would've just bought).

Also, if anyone is interested i can do pickups from this ****** boutique that doesn't label things properly or know how to use the internet in boston. Solid prices on some things (though the things i'm listing are pretty much the only decent things)

- CDG Shirt colorful windbreakers from ss09
- Acne baggy sweatshirt in white
- Acne coated navy toggle ss09 raincoat
- Acne tees
- Unholy Matrimoy dual flannel (the one with the grey and red flannels and the zippers
- Yohji Y's white m65 (fits and looks amazing)
- RRL tees
- I think another thing or two

oh, also some CPs 50% off (nylon hitop boot, officer leather boot/chukka, a few others)

what boutique is this? I'm from the boston area.... is it the tannery in cambridge by any chance?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
Margiela leather does not lump into one group. Varies a good bit in type, texture, feel from season to season piece to piece. Was it a jacket or an accessory.
Jacket, orange 3-zip

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
hmm . . . A Continuous Lean releases a black oxford and throws Americana under the bus: "That, according to [Michael] Williams, is intentional. “Some of this Americana stuff has been exhausted, and it’s not fun anymore,” says the Cleveland native. “More than anything, this is sort of hitting the reset button. I don’t want to wear buffalo plaid anymore.”" http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2...k/?ref=fashion zissou, don't know if you are out there right now, but I saw South Pacific last night and you would have gone crazy over it. It was all 1940's naval gear.
Holy ****, 'A Continuous Lean'? The "we're the ones who think we started the Vintage Americana trend" said that? I detest hypocrites. Never liked that trite blog much to begin with, but that's a perfect example of the fickle Brooklyn trendster wannabes they really are.
Originally Posted by Meis
I hate bidding for stuff on ebay. Somebody always outbids me with 2 seconds left
Man, I only used ebay to sell motorcycle **** or to dump stuff when I needed money for drugs. **** them. If you can't buy or sell it here or on SuFu, keep it. Just don't play with those craft and bead people with mom-jeans. yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads