• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What MANLY stuff did you do today?

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grilled and ate a pound of hamburger for breakfast.

Atlas

Reaction score
Shaved my genital region. With a razor. The razor did not have a handle.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok, little back story -

my company is number one at what we do, about 5 times the sales of our next biggest competitor. most of our big competitors are actually little tiny divisions of veyr big corporations. our biggest competitor in the states, a division of a large corporation, hasn't been selling this particular product line internationally. 2 or 3 years ago, after we started building our market in the middle east, this competitor decided to try out the middle east, with the idea that if that went well they would start selling all over the world. stratigically, it is now important for me to keep them from succeeding in the middle east, or it will cause me trouble for the next few years all over.

so, the other day I talked to the regional VP for the middle east of this corporation. he sells a bunch of different products. the one that competes with me is about 5%, maybe less, of everything he does. and it isn't profitable, and won't be for a while. I went to his booth at a trade show we were both in.

anyway, so after a little small talk I basically say "you know, I understand that if you succeed in selling this product, then your corporation is going to make grief for me in other places, and if you fail, they won't. and you are compensated on profit and loss, and I am compensated on top line sales. so for me it is worth expanding a lot of energy and resources keeping you from selling here, and in the end it will lower your profitability of the whole uniit, and keep your people from selling your bread and butter, which will hit your compensation. whether you sell the product that competes with me, or another product doesn't matter, how profitable it is to sell matters. and I am going to make it unprofitable for you to compete with me. so you would do better just to stop trying to compete.
on top of that, I have been helping the people who compete with your bread and butter line, just to tie up your resources because you are competing with me. if you gave up this line, I'd stop helping them.

think about it"

anyway, he is giving it serious consideration. that was a big swinging dick kind of thing to do.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll be watching basketball. It's too cold to do anything outside.

MrNick

Reaction score
******** 20 bitches, did some chest bumps with the bros and then drank 30 beers.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
(...) that was a big swinging dick kind of thing to do.

Damn. Just damn.

Manliest thing I did so far to day was to hack up some big balls of phlegm. Later, though...will cut up and grill some chicken for dinner.

gattica

Reaction score
succeeded in negotiating for a pay raise, did a presentation for my boss.

Felt like a great day.

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyway, he is giving it serious consideration. that was a big swinging dick kind of thing to do.

yeah true, just a heads up, also sounds like a sherman antitrust act violation thing to do
iconlolb.gif
just sayin

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prepping and painting an exterior trim peice for my car by myself:
20161_593310125753_116202530_35183999_7669147_n.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, little back story -

my company is number one at what we do, about 5 times the sales of our next biggest competitor. most of our big competitors are actually little tiny divisions of veyr big corporations. our biggest competitor in the states, a division of a large corporation, hasn't been selling this particular product line internationally. 2 or 3 years ago, after we started building our market in the middle east, this competitor decided to try out the middle east, with the idea that if that went well they would start selling all over the world. stratigically, it is now important for me to keep them from succeeding in the middle east, or it will cause me trouble for the next few years all over.

so, the other day I talked to the regional VP for the middle east of this corporation. he sells a bunch of different products. the one that competes with me is about 5%, maybe less, of everything he does. and it isn't profitable, and won't be for a while. I went to his booth at a trade show we were both in.

anyway, so after a little small talk I basically say "you know, I understand that if you succeed in selling this product, then your corporation is going to make grief for me in other places, and if you fail, they won't. and you are compensated on profit and loss, and I am compensated on top line sales. so for me it is worth expanding a lot of energy and resources keeping you from selling here, and in the end it will lower your profitability of the whole uniit, and keep your people from selling your bread and butter, which will hit your compensation. whether you sell the product that competes with me, or another product doesn't matter, how profitable it is to sell matters. and I am going to make it unprofitable for you to compete with me. so you would do better just to stop trying to compete.
on top of that, I have been helping the people who compete with your bread and butter line, just to tie up your resources because you are competing with me. if you gave up this line, I'd stop helping them.

think about it"

I forwarded this post to the DoJ
smile.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I forwarded this post to the DoJ
smile.gif

cool. that's what I am missing in life

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I dug a small trench last Sunday morning.
Gotta put the body somewhere I suppose
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads