• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This runny nose just won't quit.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to clean up human **** today; the sewage line started overflowing in the bathroom where I work. Smelled awful, and still, my fellow co-workers decided to eat their lunch in the break-room adjacent to the bathroom and eat their meals in the awful aurora of human ****.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
I had to clean up human **** today; the sewage line started overflowing in the bathroom where I work. Smelled awful, and still, my fellow co-workers decided to eat their lunch in the break-room adjacent to the bathroom and eat their meals in the awful aurora of human ****.

Tell us more about your janitorial position at your workplace.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
JB, Globe is right. Make sure you position yourself for advancement. Plenty of people without fancy degrees do extremely well in life. A community college degree is just not the path to higher levels. As soon as you're ready, get that four degree, preferably in a technical or quantitative field.

Thanks to all for the advice.

In reality I plan on spending a lot of time traveling as much as possible while I am still young - I realise it may not be the brightest idea, but some part of me feels like I can experience more by going back to these places and truly seeing them for what they are instead of looking at it from an airport terminal. I just don't feel like I am really "in" to school right now for whatever reason.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
California or Florida?

florida. driving through luisville now

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Thanks to all for the advice.

In reality I plan on spending a lot of time traveling as much as possible while I am still young - I realise it may not be the brightest idea, but some part of me feels like I can experience more by going back to these places and truly seeing them for what they are instead of looking at it from an airport terminal. I just don't feel like I am really "in" to school right now for whatever reason.

Jet, what do you want to achieve in life? if you want to be in a managment of an airline, you need a good solid education, espectially if you aren't going to be a pilot.

even if you want to travel - join the army, spend a year commercial fishing, or just backpack for a year or two, then get a good college education. if you don't want to go to school, that is fine, but then do something that will help you in the future, or understand now that your life will suck for ever, pretty much. I don't want to be harsh, but if you get an assosiate degree and work part time in customer service, you are setting your self up to be poor.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JetBlast, if you're not feeling school now then that's fine, but make good use of your time and experiences so that when you are ready you can build upon what you've learned informally, and so that the time off won't be seen as a negative.

Also, pay attention to globe's advice, he provides words of wisdom.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JB, you're getting lots of good advice her. Let me point out this one:

Originally Posted by JayJay
JetBlast, if you're not feeling school now then that's fine, but make good use of your time and experiences so that when you are ready you can build upon what you've learned informally, and so that the time off won't be seen as a negative.

Colleges have no problem with applicants who take time off school or those who go to some community college but don't actually complete an AA degree. Most people go to CCs for the same reason--it's nearby and cheaper and you can fulfill requirements without using up a bunch of money.

But that time off must be spent wisely. I can speak from experience seeing applications. Some of the more interesting files I saw (and who were admitted): National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) for a year, then adventure guiding and climbing on his own; volunteer work; starting your own business.

So ask yourself how you can translate your desire to travel a bunch right now into something that (i) is fulfilling to you, (ii) will appeal to college admissions later, and (iii) what will give you the experience to do what you want later in life (work-wise).

And for gawds sake, if you do not like being in school, do not waste your money.

bob

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
And for gawds sake, if you do not like being in school, do not waste your money.

bob

Quoted for emphasis!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Effing wireless internet connection.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I said, thanks again to all for the good advice. I'm going to think on it for a while and see what I come up with.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
Jet, what do you want to achieve in life? if you want to be in a managment of an airline, you need a good solid education, espectially if you aren't going to be a pilot. even if you want to travel - join the army, spend a year commercial fishing, or just backpack for a year or two, then get a good college education. if you don't want to go to school, that is fine, but then do something that will help you in the future, or understand now that your life will suck for ever, pretty much. I don't want to be harsh, but if you get an assosiate degree and work part time in customer service, you are setting your self up to be poor.
Originally Posted by JayJay
JetBlast, if you're not feeling school now then that's fine, but make good use of your time and experiences so that when you are ready you can build upon what you've learned informally, and so that the time off won't be seen as a negative. Also, pay attention to globe's advice, he provides words of wisdom.
Originally Posted by rdawson808
JB, you're getting lots of good advice her. Let me point out this one: Colleges have no problem with applicants who take time off school or those who go to some community college but don't actually complete an AA degree. Most people go to CCs for the same reason--it's nearby and cheaper and you can fulfill requirements without using up a bunch of money. But that time off must be spent wisely. I can speak from experience seeing applications. Some of the more interesting files I saw (and who were admitted): National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) for a year, then adventure guiding and climbing on his own; volunteer work; starting your own business. So ask yourself how you can translate your desire to travel a bunch right now into something that (i) is fulfilling to you, (ii) will appeal to college admissions later, and (iii) what will give you the experience to do what you want later in life (work-wise). And for gawds sake, if you do not like being in school, do not waste your money. bob
To follow up on these gentlemen: I loved, loved, loved, my CC experience, and had every hope that the other two years at Falutin' University would be awesomer. It wasn't. It sucked, and I hated it constantly (this was drivien by students' attitudes, which kill the profs'). But I knew what I wanted and knew that I had to do this to get there. I did. I do so well, that people tell me I lead a charmed life -- not really, I am just deadly commited to a goal I set. The problems with advice is that people are so different. Some need to be told to get their head out of the clouds and focus, some need to be told to open their eyes to possibility because they are too focused, on perhaps the wrong goal. It's better if you enjoy the journey, but there are times when you will not. Feel free to do things unconventionally, but even if you cannot see what you will be doing three 'steps' from now, try try try to make sure that your next 'step' whatever it may be, is not a regression. It might be college, or it might be a year off. But try and always add to your life through meaningful experiences that refresh your spirit and give back to you as much as you give to them -- too many think of time off as partying or playing WoW. Live so that the choices you make for right now do not steal your future, and so that preparing for that future does not consume the present moment. ~ H

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The damned washer tore my expensive sheets. They were torn right below the hemstitch. I f*cking hate tub-style washers. Gonna try and get the sheet repaired, but...
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vocal intolerance toward homosexuals. A buddy of mine posted a status on FB about how great the movie "Milk" is. Someone replied "isn't that about some ******??? why dont u tell em to watch brokeback mountain too?"

More puzzling is that this came from a black person. I understand there's something of a long-standing double standard regarding gays in the eyes of the black community. Nevertheless, I'm continually amazed that there could be such intolerance in that demographic given the similarities with regards to the extensive physical and emotional abuse both have suffered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads