• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPad

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Missed that, but yeah, I agree. 99% of the time, I only have one window completely visible on my screen. When I used Windows, I ran everything maximized (and would do the same on OS X if I actually could, lol). I don't like to waste screen real estate, and I rarely have to look at two windows simultaneously. I guess that makes me a n00b?
laugh.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy ****.
25 pages on a product most here are saying is a *************.

Imagine the lengths we would've gone to had this been a consensus hit!

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
^ You can run on one computer for 7-8 years? That's pretty crazy, haha. Mine is the same age, I think (did you buy the first one too?), and is just not cutting it anymore, despite the maxed-out RAM and hard disk. Then again, I guess I could probably get by if I didn't have to use Adobe apps, lol.
Well let me confirm it for you: you could get by if you didn't use Adobe.
tounge.gif
First-gen Macbook user, upgraded to 2GB RAM, +140GB on the hard disk, and...yes, it still does the job perfectly fine. I'll build a Shuttle media PC before I replace this laptop, and that's justified my $1100 from 2005. I'm actually close to the target demographic for the iPad: I really just browse, manage photos, and write e-mail, leaving the gaming for my PS3. I don't like closed environments, though, so I'll wait for the slate market to grow before diving in.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Agreed, my Macbook is almost 5 years old now. By the time I replace it (2-3 years, hopefully), I can do so with some great, multitasking tablet.

the macbook pros debuted in jan 2006 and non pro macbooks debuted in may, 2006

just saying
smile.gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb

just saying
smile.gif

You serious? Really?

I had to check my resume (I bought the laptop during an internship) but you're right...it's only been since summer 2006. I'm beyond shocked...

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb

just saying
smile.gif

Heh, you're right. I bought the very first MacBook (non-Pro), so it's about 3.5 years old now. Will be 4 when I (hopefully) put it to pasture this summer...

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
If anybody wants to read commentary on the iPad from somebody who actually gets it: http://daringfireball.net/
*cue someone calling John Gruber a rabid Apple fanboy* Seriously, though, say what you will, but the dude has been at it for years, and consistently nails it on all issues Apple-related. Not saying he's never been wrong, but I challenge you to find someone with a better track record on these things than him. (Example: He was the only one who correctly predicted the success of the iPod mini, when everyone else was calling it under-spec'd and a ripoff at only $50 less than the full-size iPod.)

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Godwin's Law
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
Godwin's Law
Actually, Godwin's Law is when you make a comparison involving Hitler in the course of an argument. Downfall dubs need not apply
wink.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
If anybody wants to read commentary on the iPad from somebody who actually gets it:

http://daringfireball.net/

I like hearing about how fast it is. I'm anxious to give it a try, but will likely wait a year or so before making a purchase.

jrmy0641

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I like hearing about how fast it is. I'm anxious to give it a try, but will likely wait a year or so before making a purchase.
i hope it's fast; only being able to run one program at a time
lol8[1].gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ipad1.jpg
ipad2.jpg
ipad3.jpg

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ that was truly dumb and not even remotely funny.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Painfully unfunny. If you're going to make fun of Apple fanboys these days you really need to have a fresh take on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads