• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

[B] Which shoes to go with my new Neapolitan suit?[/B]

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a beautiful Sartorio Partenopea charcoal suit for $700 off ebay. I passed up one in super 150's for $1000 in favor of spending the extra $300 on a new pair of shoes.

The suit will be my primary one (phasing out old brooks ease) and is for business. I wear it probably 4-8 days a month. My only pair of dress shoes currently is a pair of black wingtips from Johnston and Murphey. These will be phased out eventually but for now I want to get a really nice pair of brown lace ups preferably Italian or English. I'm hoping to find some online.

I'm going for the full Neapolitan look with tapered legs with cuff and minimal break. Like this:

http://img141.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=61356072.jpg

So whatever they are, they are going to be quite visible and need to be able to stand up to the suit.

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking these would look pretty good with charcoal but im worried about finding a belt in this shade of brown and honestly might want something lighter shade for more color contrast:

http://cgi.ebay.com/a-testoni-New-59...item56393a095d

Anyone know anything about these or other yoox brands? Fabi etc?

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/POLLIN.../sr_shoesmen80

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kenneth Cole "hedge funds" are all the rage these days for Neapolitan suits.

KennethColeHedgeFundShoe-001.jpg

moontime

Reaction score
Going for some classic Santoni brown lace ups never hurt. Also look into the Philip lace up by Churchs.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond

All the rage with whom?
Those shoes are perfect for Mens Wearhouse attire.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond

Yeah. I heard that some stores wont even let you near Kiton/Isaia/Borrelli without shoes like that...... And the ones that do make you wear them when you try on their stuff.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reidd
I'm going for the full Neapolitan look with tapered legs with cuff and minimal break. Like this:
You want your shoes to have narrow toes as well. Santoni Fette Mano or Crockett Jones shoes will be a good start.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Chunky Aldens. No joke.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Chunky Aldens. No joke.

+1. I think longwings would look awesome with a real Neopolitan-y suit. Especially Foo's OneShoe take on them. I woulod also second those wo voted for something by Santoni. I think a medium-heft double monk like the Santoni Jadwin would be about perfect.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
+1. I think longwings would look awesome with a real Neopolitan-y suit. Especially Foo's OneShoe take on them. I woulod also second those wo voted for something by Santoni. I think a medium-heft double monk like the Santoni Jadwin would be about perfect.

So you don't like the Hedge fund?

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Chunky Aldens. No joke.

+1 - Neapolitans love chunky shoes with their tight trousers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads