• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

Smudge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjt65
So for maintenance you would suggest washing them (cold or hot water?) ---reg detergent or wool-lite, and hang dry versus cool tumbling dryer?

I washed mine in the way I wash most of my non-white clothes @ 40 degrees using regular detergent (I got the 100% cotton ones) and then line dried. Came out fine.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
All sizes(US6 to US14,EU38 to EU48.5) are available now as wool-silk OTC. Mid-calf socks will be ready next week. Sorry for delay.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woohoo mid-calf! Can't wait, I practically need to replace my entire collection.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I order 6 pairs of the OTC in cotton and here are my thoughts

1. Very fast shipping. Got them in India within the week.

2. I am a 9.5 UK (43.5) and I ordered the same. The tags on the socks indicate that it is size 8.5-9.5 and 42-43.5 but some of them are a bit too big for me. Not a big issue for me as I am on the upper end of the range but I am sure the socks would be too big for someone who wears a 42.5

3. The cotton socks are thin and really suited for summers rather than winters.

arvidg

Reaction score
I received two pairs of OTC wool/silk socks on saturday. Wore them (well, one pair) yesterday. Ordered more today.

The wool/silk socks appear (to me) to sit in place better than the cotton ones. And the feel of these socks -- just wonderful.

I'm hoping for more colors, though. (And I hope they won't accidentally be washed with the cotton socks, although I guess they'll survive that once or twice.)

viator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arvidg
I'm hoping for more colors, though. (And I hope they won't accidentally be washed with the cotton socks, although I guess they'll survive that once or twice.)
How do you recommend washing them?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my first pair the other day. They are a bit thinner than I thought they would be. I just hope that in the future they can maybe get some patterns to liven up things a little.

Tarlee

Reaction score
I like Viccel socks so much I wish I had more feet.

Got my first mid calf pairs a couple of weeks ago. I had been worried based on some comments here that they might be too thin. They're not; they're sheer but feel great. I got only one pair of claret but have ordered three more along with gold and green. They have a terrific lustre. I've tried air drying and machine drying. No shrinkage either way. Highly recommended.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarlee
I like Viccel socks so much I wish I had more feet.
Thank you we like that
smile.gif

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine January 8th and they arrived today. Not too, too bad. They look good at first glance, I will try them on tonight.

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been wearing the cotton ones for a while now and very pleased with them. They are perfect for the climate where I am (hot and muggy) and it may be a placebo effect but my feet don't stink so much at the end of the day
biggrin.gif
Looking forward to trying out the wool/silk ones soon!

imwithtuxedo

Reaction score
Kemal,

Will you be offering socks with patterns instead of just solid colors?

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imwithtuxedo
Kemal,

Will you be offering socks with patterns instead of just solid colors?

Yes for sure but need time. We have started trial production but have to work more.

FPMBAT

Reaction score
Anybody have any comments on the Viccel socks vs Pantherella? I have ordered some from both companies and am waiting for my orders to arrive. Curious other peoples opinions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads