• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

nysk

Reaction score
big pilot or portugese? care to share views IWC fans? i think they both look great, talking about the 7 days for portugese and big pilot just the normal stainless steel ones

and also whats the consensus here on breguet type XX and XXIs?

Teou

Reaction score
Some of my small collection:

L1010530.jpg

DSC_2689.jpg

DSC_1756.jpg

NOLA1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nysk
big pilot or portugese? care to share views IWC fans? i think they both look great, talking about the 7 days for portugese and big pilot just the normal stainless steel ones

and also whats the consensus here on breguet type XX and XXIs?

The Portuguese 7 day is a beautiful watch. I prefer the silver dial/blued hands/numbers version to the black faced version. A new twist on the 7 day (silver face w/ gold hands/numbers) is going to be introduced at Basel 2010 in a few months and it's the best looking version if you ask me. Both watches are really big (at least on my 6.5" wrist) and wear bigger due to the lack of a bezel. The in-house movement in both watches is top notch. The big pilot just doesn't do it for me but lots of people love it. I'd go to a dealer and try all of them on.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new 7-Day Portuguese Auto is a beauty.
28169w.jpg
If I had to pick between the Port Auto or the BP, I'd pick the Port Auto just because it is smaller. The BP is almost 4mm bigger at 46mm and it is just too big for my tiny wrist. Here's a good comparison of the two: http://sibon.triple-it.nl/images/sto...-PA/index.html

NonServiam

Reaction score
The new gold hand Port looks very nice, I'm looking forward to seeing it live. But how it can possibly beat the mesmerising deep blueness of these hands, I really can't imagine
inlove.gif

Klokkebilder314.jpg

Here on a tan TWB strap for Christmas.

IMG_0042.jpg

sporks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NonServiam
The new gold hand Port looks very nice, I'm looking forward to seeing it live. But how it can possibly beat the mesmerising deep blueness of these hands, I really can't imagine
inlove.gif

Klokkebilder314.jpg

Here on a tan TWB strap for Christmas.

IMG_0042.jpg

IWC are nice!

sharpie12

Reaction score
+1
Nice touch with gold numerals and hands.

Originally Posted by RFX45
The new 7-Day Portuguese Auto is a beauty.
28169w.jpg

If I had to pick between the Port Auto or the BP, I'd pick the Port Auto just because it is smaller. The BP is almost 4mm bigger at 46mm and it is just too big for my tiny wrist.

Here's a good comparison of the two: http://sibon.triple-it.nl/images/sto...-PA/index.html

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about Tiffany watches? In particular, this 37mm gents number
k1469_2.jpg
k1469_4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads