• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best value for money mobile phone?

BareSolid

Reaction score
Basically, I don't want one of those all-singing all-dancing things, just something with a decent screen that is really slim and that I can do the basic stuff with. I need to replace my old battered Ericsson W810i which I've been lugging round for 2 and a half years.

Dw3610wm

Reaction score
If god was a telephone (sound a bit like J.clarkson sorry);

the 3410; best reception and battery life i've ever had;
5160257m.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dw3610wm
If god was a telephone (sound a bit like J.clarkson sorry);

the 3410; best reception and battery life i've ever had;
5160257m.jpg

He said "slim!"
Go with a Blackberry..

BareSolid

Reaction score
Yes, the 3410 is good but I would be embarassed to get it out in public.

As for the Blackberry, no thanks, too expensive. I was thinking something around about £50. Blackberry would fall into the 'all singing, all dancing' category.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BareSolid
Yes, the 3410 is good but I would be embarassed to get it out in public.

As for the Blackberry, no thanks, too expensive. I was thinking something around about £50. Blackberry would fall into the 'all singing, all dancing' category.

Then get a Motorola Kryz(or however u spell it.)

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
cheap Nokia FTW.

fdef9a3d7752377_rebind.jpg

Those things are bulletproof. And they have Snake. And a flashlight. And the best damn reception of any phone on the market.

I guess it depends on what you wanna spend. A good friend of mine just bought a Nokia 5530 and loves it.

nokia-5530.jpg

BB Pearls are a good buy, but I had issues syncing with my Mac and relegated it to spare travel phone duty.

BareSolid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
cheap Nokia FTW.

fdef9a3d7752377_rebind.jpg

Those things are bulletproof. And they have Snake. And a flashlight. And the best damn reception of any phone on the market.

I guess it depends on what you wanna spend. A good friend of mine just bought a Nokia 5530 and loves it.

nokia-5530.jpg

BB Pearls are a good buy, but I had issues syncing with my Mac and relegated it to spare travel phone duty.

What's that cheap Nokia?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't get a Motorola KRZR... the OS is crappy, the screen small and the processor is really underpowered, making every task tedious. It's also really ancient.

But it is the sexiest Moto in the RAZR line.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about a rec. for a cheap phone with a full QWERTY keypad, that's nice and slim?

EMY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
How about a rec. for a cheap phone with a full QWERTY keypad, that's nice and slim?

as mentioned before. the nokia e71 or e63.

nokia-e71.jpg

confused

Reaction score
chances are you can renew your contract with your phone company and you'll be able to get a huge discount on a new phone.

if you dont want a smart phone (the ones with all the bells and whistles) there are plenty of free options.

Gallahan

Reaction score
Nokia is definitely the way to go. Motorola has slipped enormously of late.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads