• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant

Reaction score
Whoa...nice thread!

And I hope I don't get a verbal beatdown for posting this twice, but figured I may get a better response in here:

http://www.stevenalan.com/product.ph...roductid=17637

Yes, no? I like them, they look good/good for summer, but they're not very versatile, I don't think.

Also, what's the deal with bucks? Do you guys think they would look good with light blue jeans, worn casually? With like a gingham shirt or a plain blue vintage Gitman OCBD or Jcrew shirt? Or does the bucks-with-khakis rule heavily apply here?

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new arrivals. not sure if i'll keep both (or any)

cigar is such a nice color

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ hey are those suede shoes on the van last? if so, did size them the same as the cigar ones which I presume are on the barrie last? both shoes are super nice

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
correct on both. left is van, right is barrie. both are 10.5D

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both would appear to be keepers, assuming they fit

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need some black long wings. Something like this, but without the metal eyelets. Where can they be had?
Alden%C3%97BEAMS-PLUS-01-480x350.jpg
Alden%C3%97BEAMS-PLUS-03-480x467.jpg

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just grab some old black Florsheim gunboats (aka lawyer's shoes) and call it a day.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Both would appear to be keepers, assuming they fit

they do. my wallet is the one complaining! note to anyone in the vicinity of Norwalk, CT: do not walk into the Shoe Mart if you are trying not to spend money

for Tom from LeatherSoul: when I walked in, the 2 sales guys immediately noticed the boots I had on and loved them. Your Kudu Ultimate Indys

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djh
Regular cordovan long wings come in black, too.

Are there any non-cordovan versions? Im not opposed to cordovan, but Id like to keep these <$500.

Originally Posted by Trapp
Just grab some old black Florsheim gunboats (aka lawyer's shoes) and call it a day.

Ill look into these. Thanks.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn I was going to browse shoemart but the website is sooo slow, I hope it gets fixed soon

Dethevn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
damn I was going to browse shoemart but the website is sooo slow, I hope it gets fixed soon

It's usually like that for me. The only time I have fast loading is at 3am in the morning. But then again, I live in Canada, so
ffffuuuu.gif

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBSLM
Are there any non-cordovan versions? Im not opposed to cordovan, but Id like to keep these <$500.

The code "Janelle" will take 10% off at Sherman Brothers bringing the black cordovan ones down to $514.

There's also the black pebble grain Black Fleece ones for $550.
You can go to bordersrewardsperks.com and sign up for the Brooks Bros corporate discount card which will take 15% off.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
The code "Janelle" will take 10% off at Sherman Brothers bringing the black cordovan ones down to $514.

There's also the black pebble grain Black Fleece ones for $550.
You can go to bordersrewardsperks.com and sign up for the Brooks Bros corporate discount card which will take 15% off.

Thanks for that great info.

...and I thought my 500th post belonged here (since I've been on a dogged mission this past month to find my proper trubalance fit)
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads