• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

pokpok

Reaction score
like the 2 madras, but lack of a chest pocket bothers me...
confused.gif

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what's up with all the front tucked shirts? Do people think this looks good?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Yes they do.

laugh.gif

that'll teach me for not starting at the newest post, I caught the link two pages back.. interesting..

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Was in a NYC store today. They had some new stuff, including new madras / spring flannel shirts, some new sweaters, the Levis jeans, etc.

I actually picked up the Levis 501 Jeans in a dark "salt soaked" wash (basically dark all the way through, raw looking). I doubt these are raw jeans, but they probably fade well. I needed a pair to alternate with my raw selvege. These look good, fit like 501s, I'll let you know how they go. Says "made for J Crew" on the inside of the jeans.

Here they are

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...4695/24695.jsp

Interesting commentary on the sizing for it (they say to size up 1 from the normal j Crew size; I don't have any of their jean). The jeans are a bit tight in my normal size, but I bought em like that

1) To account for stretch
2) To encourage myself to lose a few lbs

John_Edward

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
This is also cool, but I am done with J Crew sweaters. Never again.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...3028/23028.jsp

I've been thinking the same thing. Mine are all a bit rubbish: stretched out and pilling maddly.

I bought a grey sweater from Gap a few weeks before some of the ones I purchased at J Crew and it's held up infinitely better! I'm indeed surprised.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
laugh.gif

that'll teach me for not starting at the newest post, I caught the link two pages back.. interesting..

Also offering a special Bass Weejun on the site as well

I wonder how many Indys they have in stock

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Here they are

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...4695/24695.jsp

Interesting commentary on the sizing for it (they say to size up 1 from the normal j Crew size; I don't have any of their jean). The jeans are a bit tight in my normal size, but I bought em like that

1) To account for stretch
2) To encourage myself to lose a few lbs

Do you know how these differ from a pair of LVC jeans?

MailNeck

Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone thought about J. Crew's denim (non-Levis). I haven't seen much mentioned about it. A friend of mine bought a bair of straight fits that he really likes. I was thinking of getting a pair but wanted to see what you guys thought about the quality, fit, etc. Anybody have a pair of their jeans?

the_state

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pokpok
like the 2 madras, but lack of a chest pocket bothers me...
confused.gif

same here man. i think the pattern is great but i can't get past the lack of chest pocket.

dragonxking

Reaction score
does anyone know how the XS Jcrew shirts fit? particularly the chambrays? (p2p, s2s, length)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads