• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arizor
5079066a9ae68bca095296824e70e7097a2e59c.jpg

5079067f733c0c8b65de690ef8559375b1aa09b.jpg

bounce2.gif

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arizor
My cordovan #8s after approximately a year and a half of wear.

Been wearing them all day so they need a wipe down and brush.

Those look amazing, esp after just 1.5 yrs.

The pics are taking forever to download, though. Re-size...?

Arizor

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments chaps. It's a shame Alden are so hard to get a hold of in Europe (honestly NOWHERE sells them here, so I'm always importing from the US), otherwise I'd definitely have a few more pairs.

Cheers Razele, the patina is amazing, sometimes natural light will hit them and I'll just be mesmerized for a few seconds as new colours seem to emerge.

Sorry for the slow loading Trapp, I can't resize as it's hosted on an external site, it's quite quick for me now, but was slow when I first posted.

edit: Speaking of which, is there any way to order from Tassels online? I *may* be heading to Hong Kong in June but it would be great to be able to order some boots via the 'net.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arizor is the poly800 of shell cordovan

So good man

Dethevn

Reaction score
Simply amazing Arizor, really convinced those are going to be my next.

mechanical pencil

Reaction score
Yeah, those captoes are seriously ridiculous... I wonder if Alden has ever made a captoe chukka?

And while I'm fantasizing about custom Alden makeups, I wish Leathersoul would do another classic saddle shoe. Brown calf, tan suede, single leather soul on the Barrie last. Mmmmm.

Or just some more snuff suede summer shoes a la NST or plaintoes!

Westbound

Reaction score
Once we're on the Shoemart "seconds" list, does anyone know if we continue to get emails from them? Or would I have to call them every couple months or so to get them to send me an email of their current stock?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got my brown chromexcel "Bootmaker's Edition" 405 in yesterday from Shoemart.

If I could start over and buy just one pair of Indies, these would be the ones. Over $110 upcharge from the chromexcel that NRO will have for delivery in March, but I couldn't wait. Will try to post pics this weekend.

alleyooptroop

Reaction score
so i'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the context roy boot and i wanted to get some more opinions on sizing. this is the first time i've ever purchased a boot of this kind so please bare with my newbiness. i wear a size 8us in pretty much everything. right now my rotation includes clarks (made in ireland) wallabees, clarks weavers and a couple pairs of visvims - all size 8us. my work boots are redwing 875's in size 7.5us but i ended up having to have the width in the toebox stretched because they were too narrow. i spoke to someone at context and he was pretty firm in his recommendation of a 7.5 because of the barrie last. i guess i'm just looking for assurance. thanks in advance for any replies.

madcurry

Reaction score
Due to an order cancellation in my size, I picked up my 405's at Sherman Brothers today. I was prepared to wait until next month, so this was a pleasant surprise.

The fit was perfect with my regular casual socks and there is enough leeway in the lacing for me to wear light weight boot socks. Heavy boot socks would be too tight. They are a bit stiff at first, but I plan to wear them every other day to break them in. My thanks to the posters in this thread for making sizing so easy!

The stock Indys are also significantly nicer looking in person than the pictures led me to believe. The brown is a pleasing warm tone and will look good with jeans and most of my casual trousers. I am happy with the boots, and the service at Sherman Brothers was excellent.

Originally Posted by zazaza
welcome to the forum

i can tell you that i normally wear a 12D and had a pair of 405's in 11.5d that i thought fit well, however that was with very thin dress socks which is what i was used to wearing. once i tried them with thicker wool socks (which i normally wear with my boots) they were tight on me. they ended up being defective and i returned them, so whether or not they would have loosened up i do not know

as far as what you should bring to wear when trying them on i'm going to suggest you bring what you'd like to normally wear when wearing the boots. not trying to be smart about this, but really its a matter of personal preference.

shasta

Reaction score
what is the general consensus on Alden Belts? Anyone have any experience with them and are they worth the $95 price tag?

rolling green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alleyooptroop
so i'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the context roy boot and i wanted to get some more opinions on sizing. this is the first time i've ever purchased a boot of this kind so please bare with my newbiness. i wear a size 8us in pretty much everything. right now my rotation includes clarks (made in ireland) wallabees, clarks weavers and a couple pairs of visvims - all size 8us. my work boots are redwing 875's in size 7.5us but i ended up having to have the width in the toebox stretched because they were too narrow. i spoke to someone at context and he was pretty firm in his recommendation of a 7.5 because of the barrie last. i guess i'm just looking for assurance. thanks in advance for any replies.

I'm the exact same size as you. I ordered the Roy boots in the first shipment. I usually go a half size bigger because I wear insoles for my plantar issues. I recieved my 8.5 and they were too big even with my insoles. I'm awaiting 8's which are due to arrive in feb (2nd shipment). Trust the guys on this board and at context. They know their stuff. A 7.5 will fit perfectly.

alleyooptroop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rolling green
I'm the exact same size as you. I ordered the Roy boots in the first shipment. I usually go a half size bigger because I wear insoles for my plantar issues. I recieved my 8.5 and they were too big even with my insoles. I'm awaiting 8's which are due to arrive in feb (2nd shipment). Trust the guys on this board and at context. They know their stuff. A 7.5 will fit perfectly.

I appreciate the feedback. So are you going with the 8's because of your insert? If you're the same size as me then you would go with the 7.5 right?

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Got my brown chromexcel "Bootmaker's Edition" 405 in yesterday from Shoemart.

I thought these were leather lined but the shoe mart site indicates they are duck (unless I'm reading it wrong).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads