• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im going to try on some APC's this week (NS or PS). Just a quick question about sizing down.

Is the idea of sizing down to get the jeans to fit snug/properly after they have stretched out from a few weeks of wear?

In that case what should the fit be like when I try them on in their raw state in the shop? Should I not be able to do up the top button? Should the thighs be really tight?

The fit i'm going for is simiar to Nudie Slim Jims with a leg opening similar to Even Steven

I've bought plenty of raw jeans before but just went with what fits me on the waist. Obviously a year or so down the line they are a lot looser.

Thanks a lot

BossTweed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inimitable
Is the idea of sizing down to get the jeans to fit snug/properly after they have stretched out from a few weeks of wear?
Yes.

In that case what should the fit be like when I try them on in their raw state in the shop? Should I not be able to do up the top button? Should the thighs be really tight?
I struggled mightily to button up my NS when I tried them on in the store; they have since stretched to be comfortable. I would think that if you can't button them at all, you should probably size up one.

Whiskey

Reaction score
If you can button them up...just BARELY, then it is a good fit

u007

Reaction score
I bought some New Standards about a week ago

True waist is a 32, I bought a 28 (measured just under 30 inches out of the box)

Top button was hard to do up, couldn't bend down or go up stairs two at a time. Front pockets totally un-useable, back pockets damn tight.

After about a week of wear, there's no problem with the buttons, the front pokcket is almost capable of taking my phone and I can kneel down and go up stairs fine now.

Still a little tight in the thigh but that will stretch a little more with time. My last jeans took about 3 weeks to be really comfortable

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by u007

True waist is a 32, I bought a 28 (measured just under 30 inches out of the box)

Top button was hard to do up, couldn't bend down or go up stairs two at a time. Front pockets totally un-useable, back pockets damn tight.

After about a week of wear, there's no problem with the buttons, the front pokcket is almost capable of taking my phone and I can kneel down and go up stairs fine now.

Still a little tight in the thigh but that will stretch a little more with time. My last jeans took about 3 weeks to be really comfortable

That's great info, good stuff.

Any chance of some fit pics from you or anyone of how they should fit when first wearing them?

I look forward to not being able to walk up the stairs

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im going to try on some APC's this week (NS or PS). Just a quick question about sizing down.

The fit i'm going for is simiar to Nudie Slim Jims with a leg opening similar to Even Steven

I've bought plenty of raw jeans before but just went with what fits me on the waist. Obviously a year or so down the line they are a lot looser.

Thanks a lot

Be able to button them up with great struggle, or atleast come reasonably close. APC stretches a lot, but this is a bit exaggerated when you see people advising to size down 4 and what not. Don't.

Thighs stretch up to maybe half an inch- so yes, they should be snug if you want a snug fit in the end. Other than these two areas, nothing else really stretches noticeably.

dznqbit

Reaction score
My true waist is 32. Tried the 28s but I wasn't able to button the middle buttons - probably due to my massive D. Got the 29s after buttoning them all up with a bit of effort. I'm on month 4 and the pants are quite comfortable. This being my only experience in sizing APC NS's I believe you should be able to button all the buttons. It can be tight in the thighs.

Whiskey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by u007

I sized down 3 from 28. when i first got them they were so tight i couldnt walk right and i ended up tripping and falling down my stairs
laugh.gif

Nopike343

Reaction score
I'm considering buying some APC Rescues, my first pair of raw denim. I've read all the sizing advise. I have read threads where someone sized down two and wished they went down one, because the jeans were too tight. And others that said they wished they had sized down three because two sizes down was too loose. I know that fit is a personal preference but this is confusing.

I'm a 34 waist in 501's and am leaning toward 32's in the APC Rescues but am concerned that they may fit too loose. I don't want an extremely tight fit but I do want them to fit well. This would be easy if I could try on a pair but can not find a place in Chicago that carries them so I will probably purchase them on line (if I can find a place that has stock of 32's). Any advise sizing would be welcome. Also if you know a place in the Chicago area that carries APC jeans let me know.

kidkorea

Reaction score
got a pair of NS in a size 30 for sale, very minimal wear..Pm me!

kidkorea

Reaction score
Gonna give these another wash today or tomorrow, pre wash pictures.

004-1.jpg

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by manofstyle
The whiskering looks excessive TBH. It looks like a pair of jeans pre-aged when it's so OTT.

you are wrong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads