• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Today, dreary
ch86660728.jpg

Full body shot?!?! Proof that the "gnatty ShoeShot" involves hands in pockets, pulling up on pants - I see BREAK, well ... more like ripples, but whatever ... it's all a Hollywood conspiracy. Nice blue ball.
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
You're not really rollin' big time until you're photographed in front of a NYC public school urinal (circa 1927). Whose got next?
Love that coat, R. Would love to see some more length to it.
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Interview, so no pocketsock. I'm a little rigid as I didn't have a chance to fully relax my arms, and the camera died after this shot. The sleeves normally show about 1/4" of cuff.
Looks great, I! I think the traditional Polo cuts (I, II, III) work really well for you. Agreed on taking in and cuffs, but this is SF nitpick, it really looks nice and clean.
Originally Posted by binge
No one puts bingey in the corner!
Terrific! Is this a three patch week then? Work it, A!

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, ha, thanks for the kind words fellas. Fun to goof off after a taxing day at work.

Originally Posted by Mannix
Nice sport coat, deets please.

My first custom jacket from the tailor I see here in SF. Since, I've done a garbageman's suit and have a spring/summer suit in the works.

Originally Posted by gregaz
Terrific! Is this a three patch week then? Work it, A!

Hells yeahs. It's three or none for me.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
Whats the fabric on the jacket? Some sort of tweed i take it?
Thanks, and yep, it's a tweed from W. Bill. Embiggened historical detail shot:
20090304-2.jpg

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a long, long hiatus, I present to you: Staying home with the kid because everyone and their brother is sick Tuesday Also, please note the pics were processed to pay homage to the "new" trend of all things vintage / outdoorsy. As this trend, which is older than the kid in the pics, has now (finally) been picked up by the masses, what will the hipsters do???? I'm expecting to see a lot of guys dressing like mid-80's David Bowie - every action has an equal and opposite reaction, right? In any event, I plan to continue dressing like the Green River Killer, courtesy of the enablers in the B&S forum.
IMG_3129_editedjpg_effected.jpg
IMG_3124_edited.jpg
mepolaroid_effected.jpg
photo-14.jpg
Tweed cap RRL heavy wool cardigan (missing button, from B&S) JCrew khakis OCBD of unknown origin RLP belt Smartwool socks Timberland shoes Finally, a couple of you who know why I was gone might look at the pics and wonder, what the ****? The answer - only about 60% of the time.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ch76646786.jpg

the haf sole with the u-last looks better balanced in the bigger sizes, but i would forego it next time.

just my two cents

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

I agree entirely. I didn't plan what I was going to wear today, just picked out whatever I fancied in turn out the wardrobe, and so ended up wearing too many clashing colours/patterns (even moreso than usual). It was a mistake only compounded by the scarf! It's interesting, I didn't notice I was doing this while picking stuff out of the wardrobe. Only when I looked at the ensemble in the mirror did I see the clashes, but by then I couldn't be bothered to change anything.
smile.gif

Funnily enough, I think if I'd toned down just a single element (jacket, shirt, or tie), this could have been quite a good combo. As is, I agree with you.

Looking at it again it's just the green and white stripe that knocks it over the edge - if that stripe was identical to the other two it would have been just there.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Moo, excellent. This is the cut and fit you want for all your trousers.

+1

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJE
MoK The orange/rust reminds me of a combination you wore early last year; it's great.
Anyone else notice the absence of Cary Grant?

Cheers.

Yes, but I took a few weeks off so don't know hoe long he's gone AWOL. There's quite a few posters who used to pop up regularly that haven't been on here for a while. Shame.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
digging it a lot MoK.
Cheers!
Originally Posted by barims
Thank you. I'd forgotten about it until Binge and you brought it up. Of course, yfyf and Ich_Dien already knew

I've been mostly browsing from Ghana on my mobile, having switched images off. Ensconced in this cafe, I can now approve of your clean shaven look, although the beard was a special part of you

I'll probably give a beard another go next time I've got a few days of work. Whether I keep it or not we'll see.

Originally Posted by mjHession

I love this except for that green/white stripe, that throws it off for me.

You beat me to it.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Probably the last time i might be able to wear this this season - its so damn heavy:

b7a5e6ef.jpg

Love this. I'll keep my fingers crossed for further colder weather for you if you like
smile.gif

Originally Posted by EL72
Bad pic - sorry.
Nice jacket - is it such a reddish brown in life?

Originally Posted by Parker
4307612040_2c7eebdc7b_o.jpg

fing02[1].gif
fing02[1].gif

Originally Posted by Doral
DSC00002.jpg

One your best Doral. Fit looks better than some of the previous ones.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only posting cause I got a new BAG of FRUIT..

Morning light!
L1001804-8.jpg

This is after a days wearing..
Not sure what happened to the shirt sleeves as there WERE there.. Maybe creases after a day?
L1001788-4.jpg
L1001815-4.jpg

L1001794-8.jpg

DAMN I hate saying this, but EthanDesu is right about the length for jacket & pantalooneeeeeees..
plain.gif

I said SHORTER & he said not on my WATCH!

**** all this **** self portraits & I have a dinner date that I am going to be LATE!
L1001814-8.jpg

Feedback?

FWIW I have gone up a size, 36R to 38R & this is all OTR (only tailoring is sleeve, waist in 1" & length for pants...​

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mjHession
Had my last meeting today for my honors ****... Thank god, now I can focus on class.
Nice fabric on the sportscoat. For e the tie is a touch too pale for the shirt, I think the tie needs a very light shirt.
Today, dreary
Love the horseblanket - shoes look great too
Originally Posted by zorglubb
From last weekend
Looks good - classic combo.

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Interview, so no pocketsock. I'm a little rigid as I didn't have a chance to fully relax my arms, and the camera died after this shot. The sleeves normally show about 1/4" of cuff.

I should also mention that this suit was tailored before my weight loss and before I liked cuffs on non-pleated trousers. It needs to be taken in a little bit, especially in the skirt/seat area. And of course add cuffs.
smile.gif

Suit looks great (although I'd have braved a white cotton PS). Personally I wouldn't add cuffs - the legs look good as they are.

Good luck with the results of the interview.

Originally Posted by edmorel
thanks, best I can do, walked through the door and had my kid snap a quick pic:

Much better photo. Fabric does look good and I like the cut.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Budget Cuts B, Budget Cuts. They did let go a few teachers though before they decided the cakes were next, so at least they were being responsible about it.

I'd laugh if I didn't believe it was possible in education
wink.gif

Nice combination. I'd prefer a touch more length on the SC but that's a minor niggle.

Originally Posted by binge
No one puts bingey in the corner!

20100126-1.jpg

Great photo binge - good outfit too - I like the SC and the scarf finishes it nicely.

Originally Posted by Big A

Tweed cap
RRL heavy wool cardigan (missing button, from B&S)
JCrew khakis
OCBD of unknown origin
RLP belt
Smartwool socks
Timberland shoes

Finally, a couple of you who know why I was gone might look at the pics and wonder, what the ****? The answer - only about 60% of the time.

Nice photos Big A. Good to see you back.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads