• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is that the Kiton that was in the B&S recently???

Gorgeous...

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
me too.

Vox, I am very unimaginative and I mostly wear blue shirts and blue ties, so I think I never have issues with louder coats. I don't see anything wrong with either outfit my only issue is with the cut of the coat, not crazy about the patch pockets (why do the English cut the pockets so close to the edge?) and prefer the "curves" of the MBT stuff.

It might go back under the knife...
devil.gif
...we'll see.

- B

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Thanks for all the comments on the last fit gents.

Today was the opposite of yesterday - no meetings at all. Just sat in my office and typed all day:

Probably the last time i might be able to wear this this season - its so damn heavy:
f17af561.jpg

43b3ca88.jpg

b7a5e6ef.jpg

Awesome.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Vox,

Is that a "vintage" 257? I'm carrying mine today and it does not have the zipper on the side pocket like yours.

Originally Posted by Baron
I think that's actually a 258

Baron is right. Thanks for the correction.

- B

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
I'd do anything to be in your shoes right now. Cant imagine the fever pitch the country is gonna get into by the time Thursday arrives.

To reiterate, I'm leaving tomorrow and returning in a week. Unless you really like snow, it's hardly a great deal

On the other hand, you'll be over here this year to attend the first SF in GH meetup, I presume?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJE
AJV and Vox I also preferred Vox's shot with the white pocket square. The focus is on the loudness of the jacket, but the ps changes the impression. The only consistent criticism I could apply to Vox is that the pocket squares tend to be too close to the jacket colour viz. today: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1837

I oscillate between demure and go-to-hell with squares...mostly the former. But, interesting observation that gives me food for thought. Thank you.

Originally Posted by radicaldog
Can't see the reason for the hate of this ensemble.

I haven't done an in the wild shot of it yet...I think that might help it in the popular consciousness.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
In lieu of anything genuinely new, a photograph I was recently sent that commemorates a long evening out late last year:

You can see the bags starting to form under my eyes

laugh.gif

You dog.

- B

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Bad pic - sorry.

img7286z.jpg

looks great. love the shape of the jacket.

Originally Posted by Philip1978
Awesome.

thanks Phil

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Nii, looking good.

thanks Moo

Originally Posted by barims
To reiterate, I'm leaving tomorrow and returning in a week. Unless you really like snow, it's hardly a great deal

On the other hand, you'll be over here this year to attend the first SF in GH meetup, I presume?

dude - lets make it happen ... have you met KKD? he is probably one of the most respected sartorialists in the country. definitely someone we should invite to the SF in GH meetup.

check your pm.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Last edited:

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fing02[1].gif
Doral
fing02[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads