• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Italian Style

Reaction score
Hello sir, I wanted to ask you...... why you've put the belt in that position?
I didn't see nothing like that before now.

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
8axeduxxwh718v1m63n.jpg

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Before I forget - congratulations on The Chap article.

Thank you. I'd forgotten about it until Binge and you brought it up. Of course, yfyf and Ich_Dien already knew

I've been mostly browsing from Ghana on my mobile, having switched images off. Ensconced in this cafe, I can now approve of your clean shaven look, although the beard was a special part of you

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eligius

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
C'mon
plain.gif

I rock the gun club to the office, no jeans. Gun Club is classic and easy to wear, don't listen to these people. Where is your pic? I did not see it

I always thought gun club worked best pants-less.

RJE

Reaction score
AJV and Vox I also preferred Vox's shot with the white pocket square. The focus is on the loudness of the jacket, but the ps changes the impression. The only consistent criticism I could apply to Vox is that the pocket squares tend to be too close to the jacket colour viz. today: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1837

Trini http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1861 I really like this shot. With the pants, the pants look too tapered for the jacket, but it could be the height and angle of the shot.

JKISSI I enjoyed the extra shots on SE. You've been reading wikipedia!

HF http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1879 The stripes in the tie compete with the lines in the lapel. With a striped shirt as well, I'd prefer something solid - maybe a darkish knit to keep up the mix? I'm having trouble visualising it, but I might even prefer a blue paisley, which might be more your thing - just something without stripes. The buttons look interesting (and reminds me, I'm getting tired of thick buttons at shirt collars).
You said:

...such as trouser & sleeve length. The SF-approved lengths, for me, are a fraction too short for me to be happy when in motion.
I have to add about a 0.25" or 0.5" to what would look best when static.

I've been contemplating taking 1/4 inch off some sleeves, following SF comments. I have a mix of show cuff and show no cuff jackets. I generally prefer to show minimal cuff, a bit like a simple white ps in the breast pocket, but eg on linen, minimal cuff at the beginning of the day is too much cuff at the end of the day. I've also been looking at taking 1/4 - 1/2 inch off some jackets (length), to show a bit more leg in an effort at lengthening the appearance of my 5' 8" frame.

MoK The orange/rust reminds me of a combination you wore early last year; it's great.

Luftvier re: the '346' tie: This sold last night (not to me): http://cgi.ebay.com/Robert-Talbott-B...item19b951e57e

Anyone else notice the absence of Cary Grant?

mjHession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Good to see you back. Not sure about that watch. and I think that color blue of the sweater is the wrong shade for you. It's too light and summery with a business dress as well. A simple, say orange and brown and white argyle, or plain navy, might blend in better.

Thanks, I'm working on working up a few more sweaters, I'll keep this in mind as I pick them out. As for the watch, I'm not really a watch guy, but I saw this one in a wood shop and liked it simply for it's uniqueness, Not many wooden watches.

Nice use of purples. I wasn't sure about the low level of contrast between the jacket and trousers in the first shot, but it looks better in the later ones.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
I think this works much better for you than many other outfits. Looks pretty harmonious.

Thanks.
cheers.gif

Originally Posted by Holdfast
jan26001.jpg

I love this except for that green/white stripe, that throws it off for me.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Are you trying to give me a backbone?

Well, here it is...robot pose:

773348467_6a5wW-XL.jpg

Can't see the reason for the hate of this ensemble.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In lieu of anything genuinely new, a photograph I was recently sent that commemorates a long evening out late last year:
20hpl5i.jpg
You can see the bags starting to form under my eyes

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Took three pics, all sucked. Those of you that went to elementary school on NYC in the 70's, my office bathroom will bring back memories.

wish the pics were better. looks very promising. i take it that is a brown tie over a white/blue striped shirt and grey tweed/flannel suit?

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Après le dÃ
00a9.png
luge Tuesday:

MBTâ„¢ (Mystery Bespoke Tailorâ„¢) 3 hard roll to 2 jacket in Scabal 12oz 2 ply tweed
- B

MBT FTW!!

Grey, misty and cold Tuesday:

20100126_main.jpg

digging it a lot MoK.

Originally Posted by TRINI
New sportcoat:

4306283785_5d9363cc75.jpg

The fabric is very nice. And you did a good job "diavoloing" it with the whites and blues.

well done.

Originally Posted by barims
I've been mostly browsing from Ghana on my mobile, having switched images off. Ensconced in this cafe, I can now approve of your clean shaven look, although the beard was a special part of you

I'd do anything to be in your shoes right now. Cant imagine the fever pitch the country is gonna get into by the time Thursday arrives.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments on the last fit gents.

Today was the opposite of yesterday - no meetings at all. Just sat in my office and typed all day:

Probably the last time i might be able to wear this this season - its so damn heavy:
f17af561.jpg

43b3ca88.jpg

b7a5e6ef.jpg

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad pic - sorry.

img7286z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads