• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vashin
Is anyone going to play MAG? looks fun in theory

Penny Arcade ran a comic about it. I know it's satire but there's always an element of truth in their strips involving games.

Persona 3 PSP comes out in July for us English-speaking barbarians. Now you can play as a girl! And date dudes instead of girls!

(my dreams of playing as a lesbian are shattered)

Invicta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Email from Amazon

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order. Your order is being shipped and cannot be changed
by you or by our customer service department.

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:

1 Mass Effect 2

Shipped via UPS

I'm seriously considering staying home from work tomorrow...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Is anyone else excited about Battlefield Bad Company 2?

The official website has a ton of HD videos including a lot of gameplay. It looks like a LOT of the buildings, cover, brush etc are destructable which is a neat feature (has there been much of that in a Multiplayer game?).

http://badcompany2.ea.com/

I am just hoping there will be a BF3. Then again I am dirty PC user so...

(or as UK Amiga mags used to say back in the day, part of the slippers and cardigan brigade - oddly enough I own neither of those items).

Humph.

Is anyone else looking forward to the official release of the english-language version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Invicta
I'm seriously considering staying home from work tomorrow...

I've got my fingers crossed for a PS3 "Mass Effect Collection" release some time in the future. Probably not.

Was the first one really that good?

jon bones

Reaction score
holy ****, bayonetta: greatest 3d action game ever (marred only by terrible music and character design)

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
I've got my fingers crossed for a PS3 "Mass Effect Collection" release some time in the future. Probably not.

Was the first one really that good?

Never, ever, ever going to happen IMO. But FF XIII is on 360 - anything could happen. I see Metal Gear on the Xbox before Mass Effect on the PS3, though.

ME1 was great on the main story but had some of the most tedious sidequests ever. Apparently ME2 has fixed this.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem I foresee in MAG is that it's hard enough to get 4 people to cooperate in Left 4 Dead. I can't imagine trying to get 64 people to work together in any meaningful way.

jon bones

Reaction score
I couldn't really get through Mass Effect.

Voice acting was great, plot really seemed intriguing but I hated the combat. I wanted something more turn based a la KOTOR.

Invicta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jon bones
I couldn't really get through Mass Effect.

Voice acting was great, plot really seemed intriguing but I hated the combat. I wanted something more turn based a la KOTOR.

That sounds absolutely horrific to me now. I remember when KOTOR came out I thought it was awesome, but now if I want turn based gameplay, I'll break out my dice and D&D books.

I would like to note that I did NOT skip work and it looks like I'll be stuck here late
ffffuuuu.gif

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're still using that same pseudo-turn-based combat in Dragon Age. KOTOR let you queue up moves and abilities, something Dragon Age doesn't and I wish it did.

My copy of Mass Effect 2 will get here in like a week, damn my overseas address. I could have ordered digitally off of Steam but I like having a physical box I can put on my bookshelf. I guess I'm just old school that way.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is there a calibration setting I'm missing on the Wii? I got two Perfect Shots (gun controller thing) to play HotD Overkill (which hasn't showed up yet in the mail) and the cursor is nowhere near where I'm pointing the gun at the screen. I'm hoping I can adjust this somehow, (in the game?)

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Is there a calibration setting I'm missing on the Wii? I got two Perfect Shots (gun controller thing) to play HotD Overkill (which hasn't showed up yet in the mail) and the cursor is nowhere near where I'm pointing the gun at the screen. I'm hoping I can adjust this somehow, (in the game?)

Are you pointing it at the screen or at the sensor?
I always have my sensor right on top of the screen, so you wouldn't imagine it would make much of a difference, but depending on whether you're too close to the sensor or too far from it, sometimes it isn't perfect.

Psyren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jon bones
holy ****, bayonetta: greatest 3d action game ever (marred only by terrible music and character design)

Yeah Bayonetta was a sick game though I always put the volume down on the TV during the cheesy cutscenes.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Are you pointing it at the screen or at the sensor?
I always have my sensor right on top of the screen, so you wouldn't imagine it would make much of a difference, but depending on whether you're too close to the sensor or too far from it, sometimes it isn't perfect.

At the screen... I know it can't be perfect for every TV size/shape/distance etc. but that is why there should be calibration, so that the "sights" such as they are and the pointing ability of the "gun" controller can line up roughly with where the reticle/crosshair/shot appears on the screen. I don't want to use a gun shaped controller to play if my shots are going to go 1' from where I'm pointing the 'gun' at the screen, this could be very bad when I go shooting IRL
ffffuuuu.gif
I think I read somewhere that HotD has a calibration thing in it but still not sure. It should really be in the Wii menu though, and I don't think it is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads