• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by M4TM
Seen these?? Beautiful :

Alden_RavCord_Hunting_Boot.jpg

from Tassels HK

how much and will they ship to the usa.

velomane

Reaction score
LS has a preorder up for the the Unlined Flex Plain Toe Blucher in #8 on the barrie last. Any pictures and comments would be appreciated.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I received my black Indy boots today in size 7.5
I tried them on with a pair of medium weight boot socks.
My big toe hits right around where the white stitching curves around the toebox. Does that sound about right? There is def some room but I feel that the 7s will be too tight.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^are you new at life?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
how much and will they ship to the usa.

they ship to USA but they charge an abnormal amount because of the conversion rate and their shipping costs plus there may be an import tax on it when it arrives. i asked about some NST cordovan boots from them and it was literally 200 on top of what i would pay at Leather Soul (except leather soul is sold out)

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Pretty much bit you on these.

Putting the order in tomorrow.

Sup?

Good choice, they're beauitful. I'm not sure if i sohuld've went for a cordovan shoe though since that's what alden is best known for. Calf is nice though.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zippy, all those appear to be Plaza last, and are unusual models, did you get them from the Shoemart seconds catalog? nice collection btw

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
they ship to USA but they charge an abnormal amount because of the conversion rate and their shipping costs plus there may be an import tax on it when it arrives. i asked about some NST cordovan boots from them and it was literally 200 on top of what i would pay at Leather Soul (except leather soul is sold out)

thanks

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AriGold
Good choice, they're beauitful. I'm not sure if i sohuld've went for a cordovan shoe though since that's what alden is best known for. Calf is nice though.
Eh black cordovan is kinda boring. Cordovan is really high shine and gets the waving, it's not for everyone. Have wanted a calf boot that I can wear with denim or dark trousers when it's wet and also that look kinda sleek.

mikesduc

Reaction score
i agree in general about black shell being meh. the jumpers are one of the few exceptioms to that. i really like the pt boots above and it came down to those and the jumpers. enjoy your boots!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
zippy, all those appear to be Plaza last, and are unusual models, did you get them from the Shoemart seconds catalog? nice collection btw

Thanks. Plaza sounds right. They were on sale from shoemart but aren't seconds. I paid circa $300 for them in 2007. I have another pair of the low boot in black that was $230 or so.

sellran

Reaction score
Several people have asked to see the Roy boots after some normal wear. Here are mine, worn about twice a week since last fall.

rolling green

Reaction score
Roys look fantastic. Any weather treatment? Are you using trees? They're developing a very nice patina too.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh wow! Tom, can you please do a special order for these for us in the US?

Originally Posted by M4TM
Seen these?? Beautiful :

Alden_RavCord_Hunting_Boot.jpg

from Tassels HK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads