• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Squirreled the other one because I thought I'd taken enough pummeling. Evidently not because when I moved it back, it started again.
The pummeling you got the second time around was for abusing your privileges. And you deserved it. I believe that's a nearly unanimous position as far as I can tell. The first time around, you were probably being oversensitive, and if you don't want to be "pummeled" (I.E. you don't want people to argue with you) Don't post in CE. Pretty easy. If you do decide to argue politics in CE, and someone crosses the line, report them to another mod and let them handle it as they see fit. You are not impartial in that scenario, and you have a tendency to overreact and bully people with your mod powers. You keep going the way you are going, and enough people are going to complain about you in official channels that you are going to force J's hand. And J, as far as I know him, doesn't like to be forced to deal with people. He'd rather you deal with yourself.
j has asked me to not post and moderate at the same time. As I said in the thread, I'd really rather not do either.
We'd rather you pick one and stick with it. Either be a poster, or a moderator. Some people can do both, it is obvious that you cannot. Every time you decide to switch hats, you go completely ass over teakettle, overreact, and take everything way more personally than you should. I get worked up and pissed off too. But I can't ban or time out anyone, or squirrel threads, or abuse powers that I don't have. I am allowed to be crazy and stir up trouble. I am allowed to be unfair and biased. I am allowed to be an asshole. I am not a moderator. You don't have that luxury. You have to put your emotions in your pocket and sit on them. You must be MODERATE. Or you are just taking advantage of your situation, and J's patience and kindness. I'm not trying to put words in anybody's mouth, but that's just how I see it, and from the feedback I'm getting, quite a few other people see it that way too.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
j has asked me to not post and moderate at the same time. As I said in the thread, I'd really rather not do either.

So pick one "” or none "” Steve.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
TS, I always thought you were a mod.

Oops. I guess I can insult and abuse you more now.
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Something about him...my money is Conne.
+1 -- the dickishness is very similar.

Originally Posted by Thomas
Not seeing it. My vote is someone fluent in multiple languages, like Metro, Jinda, or perhaps Etienne.
NFW. hws' language ability is about the level of the "Visiting Foreigner in Old Movie" -- a few words thrown in that anyone can pick up and stilted syntax.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
TS, I always thought you were a mod. Oops. I guess I can insult and abuse you more now.
inlove.gif

Maneki Neko, Please.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Not seeing it. My vote is someone fluent in multiple languages, like Metro, Jinda, or perhaps Etienne.

Not me. I am terrible at sock puppets. Case in point: Panera Girl.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think hws is pretty funny. Not as funny as the Marroquians guy tho.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I think hws is T's creation. Thomas set the bar too damn high with ElHawat.

I was sort of thinking the same but the genius of El Hawat isn't as prominent in HWS.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I think hws is pretty funny. Not as funny as the Marroquians guy tho.

hws is funny. Nothing, truly nothing, can compare to ElHawat. Come on. The poast about the camel running through the crowd and falafel flying everywhere? I literally LOL'd for several minutes at that.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hws is funny. Nothing, truly nothing, can compare to ElHawat. Come on. The poast about the camel running through the crowd and falafel flying everywhere? I literally LOL'd for several minutes at that.

I just started busting up in laughter thinking about that post.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Crap, I never saw it. Link? Have all his poasts been squirrelled? Nooooo!

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
You are an idiot.
There you go again.

I'm sorry I missed that one. Just from the description, it sounds vanity-ish.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Crap, I never saw it. Link? Have all his poasts been squirrelled? Nooooo!
I think they've been squirreled. Not only that, but Thomas is all locked up about it.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by lawyerdad
There you go again.
It's an experiment.

I'm sorry I missed that one. Just from the description, it sounds vanity-ish.
Kind of like Vanity, except infinitely more funny and infinitely less douchey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads