• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4TM

Reaction score
Seen these?? Beautiful :
Alden_RavCord_Hunting_Boot.jpg
from Tassels HK
- TASSELS MTO Grade by Alden - They are the BEST executed MTO by Alden for TASSELS so far, par excellence! We all went speechless, when they were unpacked from the shoe box... - This amazing Ravello Cordovan is reckoned to be the rarest Shell from Alden Shoe Company. - Unbelievably well-balanced in colour, tone and shade. Excellent in leather density and smells real nice :) - Comfortable Barrie Last with a less formal open-lacing look and feel - Flex welt system (weather proof flexible oiled sole) - Speed Hooks Eyelets System

Arizor

Reaction score
I'm heading to Hong Kong in June and with any luck they will have my size still in stock and I will absolutely be buying a pair!

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
What colors go best with shell cordovan #8?
The beauty of # 8 is that it goes equally well with both navy and gray, making it an ideal suit-shoe color. It's very versatile.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AriGold
4290369626_5309c349df.jpg
4290369618_bb981f1b64.jpg
Double Waterloc - The double oiled leather sole on this boot is supposed to enhance durability in the wet, however I'm not sure how effective this really is in practise. The oiled sole gives greater traction overall, compared to a regular leather sole, but it is also softer and appears to wear down alot easier too. Does anyone have any experience with Alden's Double Waterloc Sole?

Pretty much bit you on these.

Putting the order in tomorrow.

Sup?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bad news ... my #8 longwings developed a "rough" spot on my left shoe size of a quarter. the DC alden store is sending them back to the factory for the weird discoloration/defect ... i should have took a pic
- great service from them, and then alden will just ship back to my house when they can buff/fix the spot

good news ... my #8 LS 5th anniversary boots and the black SF boot came in today

thanks tom
worship.gif

ill try and throw some pics up

mg428

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude

good news ... my #8 LS 5th anniversary boots and the black SF boot came in today

ill try and throw some pics up

Are you going to post them here or in the LSxSF boots thread?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RKD didn't you have some long post about not being able to wear boots or something like that?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol it was actually my excuss to sell boots i just wasnt wearing

so yeah moved on to cordovan ... k thx

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Some of my calf Aldens from before I started to keep track of lasts.
So damned if I know. I got them from the Shoe Mart a few years ago.
blackcap.jpg

scotchcap.jpg

scotchcap2.jpg

scotchcaptop.jpg

tanlow.jpg

tanlow2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics