• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Pretty good proof right there that it may have been a good thing you didn't try to make a go of your image consulting bizness, lol

Why is that? because i know better then to take a RLBL blazer and pair it with a set of dockers?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by InsBrokerTX
Since he was dressing casually, I disagree with you. If dressing in a suit, you "may" have a valid point.

if he were casually dressed then their are far better choices one could make then to pair a Blazer with metallic buttons with that combo.

Furthermore who wears black longwings with a pair of dockers.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Why is that? because i know better then to take a RLBL blazer and pair it with a set of dockers?

lol, those are not Dockers numbnuts.. What do your image consulting skillz tell you about pairing tassel loafers with blue jeans?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if he were casually dressed then their are far better choices one could make then to pair a Blazer with metallic buttons with that combo.

People who don't wear tasseled loafers with their Dockers?
laugh.gif

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're awfully bent out of shape for someone who doesnt think my opinion is worth-while.

Tassel loafers, yes they would have been much better with that mess of a combination then Black Longwings.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your nasty comments are getting quite irritating, much prior to this you've made some pretty hate-inspiring remarks. I've done nothing to warrant that sort of thing.

Or do you simply have your panties in a wad because I think that pairing a RLBL blazer with a pair of docker look a likes isnt the best combo.

The Blazer is nice however.

WTF? Persecution complex much? In any case, I'll make a note of your dislike of my pairing khakis with a navy blazer and take that into account next time I wear the combination. I know the pairing is certainly an unconventional one..
facepalm.gif

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WTF? Persecution complex much? In any case, I'll make a note of your dislike of my pairing khakis with a navy blazer and take that into account next time I wear the combination. I know the pairing is certainly an unconventional one..
facepalm.gif

Its not that you're wearing khakis, I simply think something more trim and tailored would fit the bill. Slimmer khakis, and yes tassel loafers would look great with that, especially in cordovan.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Its not that you're wearing khakis, I simply think something more trim and tailored would fit the bill. Slimmer khakis, and yes tassel loafers would look great with that, especially in cordovan.

Sorry dude, I don't own a single pair of tassel loafers, and they are not on my list of items to buy anytime soon.. Now I hope you don't find that a hate-inspiring post, I really tried to temper it down..

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry dude, I don't own a single pair of tassel loafers, and they are not on my list of items to buy anytime soon.. Now I hope you don't find that a hate-inspiring post, I really tried to temper it down..

Ok dude.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gnatty's outfit is fine. I'dve skipped a tie with that outfit, but then, if I had that particular tie, I would have had a hard time resisting.

I wear black longwings with khakis all the time (gasp!). Men wore it before SF was even conceptualized. Men wear it now and men will wear it in the future, even if SF calls them "security". It is a very nice look if done right. Yes, brown goes well with khakis, But black is nice too ... much better than the light, light tan that people here wear with such outfits. Also, I like my trousers to be not as trim fitting (or for that matter, as short) as SF likes. I also dislike 2" cuffs.

There, I said it. If that makes me unstylish in SF's opinion, so be it.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PocketCircle
I have some ugly ties but nothing as bad as these shiny things that are featured in member photos again and again.

Is this all you have to contribute? Another useless critique.

Besides the one decent WAYWRN pic that I saw, this seems to be what he does.

stmny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JKISSI
Thanks gnatty it was a nice $5.00 find size 38 I was discouraged when I first received it because of how unfitting it was but after bringing it to my tailor he tailored it amazingly. I love that guy even though it ran me about $60.00 which isn't too bad at all.

Who is your tailor, if you don't mind my asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads