• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pokey07
I'm looking for a couple slim fit pairs of chinos... I have to start stockpiling the business casual look and I'm not even sure where to start. How does J.Crew Urban Slim fit?

penguin's chinos in their slimmest fit (i forget what they call it) are pretty good if you find them on sale.

ramp

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Acne Guy chinos from Tobi. Report and fit pics to come.

pokey07

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I think the Milano and Urban Slim J.Crew Bowery pants would be most suitable for a business casual atmosphere... do you guys agree?

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gt33
http://www.martinandosa.com/web/brow...catId=cat30105

not bad

Does anyone here own the M+O "slim cavalry twill trouser" that has been referenced a couple times in this thread? I'm mainly curious about length (I'm 6'4") and overall quality, as I'm not really familiar with this brand. I did go to my local M+O store recently to try on, but they didn't have it in stock and the salesperson I asked had never heard of it...

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
Does anyone here own the M+O "slim cavalry twill trouser" that has been referenced a couple times in this thread? I'm mainly curious about length (I'm 6'4") and overall quality, as I'm not really familiar with this brand.

I did go to my local M+O store recently to try on, but they didn't have it in stock and the salesperson I asked had never heard of it...

Yes. I am a real 31, so ordered the 32s a few weeks ago - which were a little too large for me. I decided to exchange them for the 30s which should arrive on Monday. I fabric was very nice and construction looked pretty good. From memory, I think they were around a 34 in length - but that is just a guess. The fit seemed nice and slim without being obscene. When applying one of the many discount codes floating around, I'd say these seem like excellent value - but will be able to provide more info for you in a couple of days.

dragonxking

Reaction score
does anyone know how the topman slim or skinny trousers fit?

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
Does anyone here own the M+O "slim cavalry twill trouser" that has been referenced a couple times in this thread? I'm mainly curious about length (I'm 6'4") and overall quality, as I'm not really familiar with this brand.

I did go to my local M+O store recently to try on, but they didn't have it in stock and the salesperson I asked had never heard of it...

just order them online

last time i checked they offer free shipping and free return shipping...
so theres no risk to try on a few pairs

spencers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pokey07
Thanks guys. I think the Milano and Urban Slim J.Crew Bowery pants would be most suitable for a business casual atmosphere... do you guys agree?

I ordered a pair. They were too big so I had to send them off for an exchange.

But they did look nice for that sort of setting.

netsua

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread again. im looking for a pair of slim fit chinos but I am in Canada. everywhere I look I cant seem to find nice ones. I need a 29w with around 7" leg opening.

Detour Clothing Store

Reaction score
Originally Posted by netsua
Sorry to bump this thread again. im looking for a pair of slim fit chinos but I am in Canada. everywhere I look I cant seem to find nice ones. I need a 29w with around 7" leg opening.

Just an FYI we have the Slim Fit Chino from Wings+Horns coming in Navy(Del. 1) and Khaki(Del. 2)
Should start shipping in the next couple weeks. They're going to be US$165

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Detour Clothing Store
Just an FYI we have the Slim Fit Chino from Wings+Horns coming in Navy(Del. 1) and Khaki(Del. 2)

Sounds promising.

kinetic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Detour Clothing Store

A lot of the photos I've seen of the chinos for S/S show them cuffed. Do you know if this is just for the stock photo or if they are hemmed with a cuff?

netsua

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kinetic
A lot of the photos I've seen of the chinos for S/S show them cuffed. Do you know if this is just for the stock photo or if they are hemmed with a cuff?

I just did a search, I can't find a pic of them. Care to post a link?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads