• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

oroy38

Reaction score
Went to the Erie Philharmonic last night. It was the virgin voyage for the Edward Greens! Apologies for the blurry first picture. Thoughts?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
j24001.jpg

j24003.jpg

j24008.jpg

RJE

Reaction score
Chorse: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1612 The new Howard Yount Pocket Square Matching Chart?

Gnatty: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1607 hems are beginning to wear a bit - I think they're turning into GardenPants.

AlwaysDressed: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1618 You look more relaxed here - it works. I like the mix of colours and textures, with nothing too loud or too much fussiness. I'd prefer a slightly wider tie and less noticeable seams on the pants, but that's subjective and picky. Coming along nicely.

jasonmarshalljazz

Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
The blazer is nice, but I think it would look better with a slimmer pair of pants and sleeker shoes. What was the inspiration behind the loose fit khakis and longwings.

lol8[1].gif

brlfvr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Working away.

2010_01_23_1.jpg

Chorse and parker continue to be my favorite posters with the level of taste and fit. Well done.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have some ugly ties but nothing as bad as these shiny things that are featured in member photos again and again.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PocketCircle
I have some ugly ties but nothing as bad as these shiny things that are featured in member photos again and again.

Is this all you have to contribute? Another useless critique.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Yesterday, afternoon off, met a friend for whiskey and a cigar:
I like that tie. I must experiment with checked ties.

Originally Posted by Chips
On the beach in Carmel.
Wonderful lighting. The blazer looks much better than I imagined a waxed blazer would do.
Originally Posted by chorse123
Working away.
Tie designing?
Originally Posted by AlwaysDressed
Didn't have time to post yesterday...
Nice colour palete - I like this.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Back from sunny Mauritius.
frown.gif

Enjoyed the break a lot but not particularly enthused about going back to work tomorrow. Oh well, at least I'm feeling relaxed now. Had to go shopping today to restock the fridge after being away for several weeks:

Welcome back. Great holiday shots.
Originally Posted by oroy38
Went to the Erie Philharmonic last night. It was the virgin voyage for the Edward Greens!
...Thoughts?

I'm not keen on the dark shirt, but at least the tie is darker than the shirt.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday - finally getting to wear the suede chukkas I treated myself to over Christmas. Experimenting (not very successfully) with one of the silk scarves my wife bought me for Christmas:

20100123_main.jpg

Chukkas: Loake for Charles Tyrwhitt 'Kempton' - prefered the Dainite sole the CT's have
Jeans: Levi 501s
Chambray shirt: Burberry
Cashmere/Lambswool blend sweater: Avenue
Silk Scark: Viyella
Flannel SC: M&S

oroy38

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I'm not keen on the dark shirt, but at least the tie is darker than the shirt.

I figured the dark shirt wouldn't be much of a hit. I bought that shirt a while back and I just haven't had many opportunities to wear it, so I thought I'd try to put something together with it, and if it really looked that bad, I'd be concealed by the lack of lighting in the concert hall!

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Yesterday, afternoon off, met a friend for whiskey and a cigar:

rlbl33454103.jpg
rlbl13425617.jpg

rlbl23446597.jpg
rlbl53462009.jpg

Shoes:

rlbl43149254.jpg

your pants are too short. undo that upturn, and then you will look like a normal person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics