• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been thinking . . . I don't know, aside for the dinner jacket like . . .

Anymore nowadays the only double breasted I enjoy seeing are real double breasts under double breasted like . . .

00060m.jpg

Although more breasts, waist suppression, and hips.

- M

Telefonica

Reaction score
Speaking of breasts under DB suits........ Does anyone else hate when the top row of buttons is placed directly on top, or near the nipples? For example, the DB suit below says, "HI! I'm HAPPY to see you!"
2v1akq8.jpg
Whereas the gentleman below is simply saying, "I have impeccable style (except that maybe my lapels are too thin, but other than that - impeccable)."
odw05052009.jpg

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from today's WAYWN...here are some better pics of my recent DB from Chan in Minnis Air Force Blue Flannel.

Comments welcome as I plan on getting another DB flannel from Chan at some point.

WAYWN_1-21-10004-1.jpg

WAYWN_1-21-10003.jpg

Telefonica

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Cross post from today's WAYWN...here are some better pics of my recent DB from Chan in Minnis Air Force Blue Flannel. Comments welcome as I plan on getting another DB flannel from Chan at some point.
WAYWN_1-21-10004-1.jpg
WAYWN_1-21-10003.jpg

NIPPLES!!!!!! (See my post above yours - LOL).
smile.gif
No, but in all seriousness, your suit looks very good. I especially like the color. As others mentioned in the WAYWN thread, my only critique would be that there seems to be a lot of jacket under the buttons. Almost as if the buttons are placed a little too high. I dunno though, maybe the suit is just long, or maybe it has something to do with the angle of the picture. Whatever it is, it certainly doesn't make the suit look bad.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! Yeah, I think with most DB's there always a bit of a nipple factor. I prefer buttons slightly higher than normal to slightly lower. I feel the slightly higher positioning adds a fun dramatic quality to the suit.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from today's WAYWN...here are some better pics of my recent DB from Chan in Minnis Air Force Blue Flannel.

Comments welcome as I plan on getting another DB flannel from Chan at some point.

1. Broader lapel

2. Lower buttoning position. Halfway between the current 2nd (the one that is buttoned ) and the 3rd (lowest)

I think the buttoning position is too high and the lapel too thin. I got a DB made recently after something like 10 years and it suffers from the same defects. I dont like it when the entire breast pocket is visible in a DB. I prefer when the lapel is broad enough to cover some part of the pocket.

I am saying the mafia wide lapels but certianly more substantial that this one.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
647UVSTJ4U5N.jpg

"Allow me to slip into something more...comfortable."

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Slewfoot: that armhole looks ridiculously high. I like.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slewfoot...excellent choice in fabric and color...and the DB suit looks great for your body.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
1. Broader lapel

2. Lower buttoning position. Halfway between the current 2nd (the one that is buttoned ) and the 3rd (lowest)

I think the buttoning position is too high and the lapel too thin. I got a DB made recently after something like 10 years and it suffers from the same defects. I dont like it when the entire breast pocket is visible in a DB. I prefer when the lapel is broad enough to cover some part of the pocket.

I am saying the mafia wide lapels but certianly more substantial that this one.

Thanks for the observations. All things I actually considered with this. I think for my next commission in medium gray flannel I will make the buttons a bit lower, but not quite as low as you mention here. I agree that I would have preferred the lapel to cover the breast pocket a bit. I think the lapels could be a slight touch wider, but also the breast pocket should be 1/4 inch higher.

Originally Posted by Sander
@Slewfoot: that armhole looks ridiculously high. I like.

Me too! Even though it's high, it's also wide making it incredibly comfortable and easy to move around in. I imagine this is how A&S does things.

Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Slewfoot...excellent choice in fabric and color...and the DB suit looks great for your body.

Thanks! I was surprised and delighted at how well the form of a DB suit seems to fit me. When I am in HK next week I'll be getting two more - a medium gray flannel in Smith #2546 from Chan and a H&S Navy Fresco from Peter Lee. I'll be sure to post the results.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I am in HK next week I'll be getting two more - a medium gray flannel in Smith #2546 from Chan and a H&S Navy Fresco from Peter Lee. I'll be sure to post the results.

Any reason you're using 2 separate tailors?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slewfoot,what fabrics are you using? Can you post more details on the gray fannel and navy fresco fabrics,did you get them yourself or getting them from your tailors?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Any reason you're using 2 separate tailors?

$$$

Chan is too expensive for me to use regularly. For special commissions that I think need the extra details I'll use them. For more casual items I'll use Peter Lee. I used Peter before to get a SB Navy Fresco suit so now I'm just adding a DB jacket to it. It'll also be interesting to compare the two tailors and their styles.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$$$

Chan is too expensive for me to use regularly. For special commissions that I think need the extra details I'll use them. For more casual items I'll use Peter Lee. I used Peter before to get a SB Navy Fresco suit so now I'm just adding a DB jacket to it. It'll also be interesting to compare the two tailors and their styles.

Makes total sense, thanks.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Slewfoot,what fabrics are you using? Can you post more details on the gray fannel and navy fresco fabrics,did you get them yourself or getting them from your tailors?

Sure. The Smith is the same one as seen on Vox below. Chan was able to source this.

680716072_3xEnu-XL.jpg

And the Holland & Sherry Navy Fresco is the same as seen here from my previous SB suit which Peter Lee was able to source.

WAYWN_9-21-09002.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads