• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going on a Diet

kmwrestle

Reaction score
The holidays are over thank god

Update as of 1/13/10
Start Weight 10/12/09: 455lbs
Short term Goal Weight: 299lbs
Current Weight 1/13/10: 393.5 lbs
Total Loss: 61.5 lbs
To Go: 94.5 lbs

Deluks917

Reaction score
I think progress pics would be inspirational When you've lost about 100 you should post some.

enarchay

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind chiming in on this thread as well.

I currently weigh 277. I'm 5'8 in height. I've been exercising (30-40 minutes walking on treadmill at home or 30 minutes using an elliptical at the gym) everyday for the last two weeks. I was about 280 when I started. I've more or less cut out soda, increased how much water I drink, and I've also been eating more fruit and vegetables. However, my diet is still far from perfect, and I plan to join Weight Watchers to help get started on a routine.

I have no idea what my target weight is. Ultimately, I'd like to get to about 200 pounds and work from there. But I think 30-50 pounds is a realistic short-term goal.

So...

Current weight: 277. (Saturday, 16 January 2010).

Ultimate target weight (for now): 200

Weight lost: to be seen

Weight left to lose: 77

I'm not sure if I should update this weekly or every two weeks. What do you guys think?

kmwrestle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deluks917
I think progress pics would be inspirational When you've lost about 100 you should post some.

Ill post some at 100lbs lost and 150lbs lost

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow this is awesome! Good luck...And I felt bad today because Im at 137, I should be at 130 or so.
eh.gif

enarchay

Reaction score
I weighed myself today at 273. However, I didn't eat much at all yesterday, so I'm waiting until this Friday to record my weight progress. If 273 is accurate, I've lost 7 pounds so far over the course of about two weeks (I started my exercise routine when I weighed 280).

Dexx

Reaction score
Good luck for the way to yourself. Losing weight and changing your life style is nothing else. I started at 210 lbs and am down to 170 lbs. It took me 10 month (May 2008- Feb 2009).

cozilla

Reaction score
Dude you have to up your breakfast. Its the most important meal of the day. A nutrigrain bar isnt going to cut it. You need some eggs in there or/add some oats. Cut down on lunch too you are eating a large meal at lunch. Your goal should be to eat small portions but more frequently. Always have some form of protein in your meals. I know you can do it. Just stay focused! There will always be temptations but when it comes to your health and well being you have to realize that that is more important. I look forward to your updates.

Colin

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cozilla
Dude you have to up your breakfast. Its the most important meal of the day. A nutrigrain bar isnt going to cut it. You need some eggs in there or/add some oats. Cut down on lunch too you are eating a large meal at lunch. Your goal should be to eat small portions but more frequently. Always have some form of protein in your meals. I know you can do it. Just stay focused! There will always be temptations but when it comes to your health and well being you have to realize that that is more important. I look forward to your updates.

Colin

facepalm.gif

enarchay

Reaction score
In other news, I came down with a stomach flu Tuesday (my nineteen-day-straight exercise routine has been broken!). I basically haven't eaten anything but a banana, jello, and some apple sauce since then. Out of curiosity, I weighed myself today and I was down to 266. Wouldn't the flu be worth it if I could keep that lost weight off once I recover? Haha.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enarchay
In other news, I came down with a stomach flu Tuesday (my nineteen-day-straight exercise routine has been broken!). I basically haven't eaten anything but a banana, jello, and some apple sauce since then. Out of curiosity, I weighed myself today and I was down to 266. Wouldn't the flu be worth it if I could keep that lost weight off once I recover? Haha.

'I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.'

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
'I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.'

Leave the noodles out of your chicken soup and you'll get there, bro.

lefty

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cozilla
Dude you have to up your breakfast. Its the most important meal of the day. A nutrigrain bar isnt going to cut it. You need some eggs in there or/add some oats. Cut down on lunch too you are eating a large meal at lunch. Your goal should be to eat small portions but more frequently.

Nothing wrong with this...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads