• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorial mythbusting

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
God you are a masochist. I know nothing of tailoring and this looks fine to me but you know if only because of the A&S/Manton combo, there will be derision. If you like it and think it's fine, why care about defending A&S on the interwebz?

Because 100 page catfights are what keep people clicking "refresh." Think of it as a service that I provide to j and the gang.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
He lives!

Third margarita today finally woke me up.

I think I might need a few more to decipher the "True Homosexual" passage. I think it means that Rach is hetero, which is a surprise to me since carries all those tote bags.

Like many here, I've always assumed that tote bags were for special homosexualist supplies, like petroleum jelly and quiche pans.

But, I'm going to read The True Homosexual passage again, since it is a kind of watershed moment.

- B

joshman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
This back and shoulder line look perfect to me:

as3s9087338.jpg

Does that mean that the firm is exonerated, and everything they do is good? It must, right, because one garment defines any tailor, correct?

It's hard to tell one way or the other as the wearer is bending forward and we can only see his back through the mirror.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Third margarita today finally woke me up.

I think I might need a few more to decipher the "True Homosexual" passage. I think it means that Rach is hetero, which is a surprise to me since carries all those tote bags.

Like many here, I've always assumed that tote bags were for special homosexualist supplies, like petroleum jelly and quiche pans.

But, I'm going to read The True Homosexual passage again, since it is a kind of watershed moment.

Some of my best friends are homosexualists.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joshman
It's hard to tell one way or the other as the wearer is bending forward and we can only see his back through the mirror.

I think he's talking about himself.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joshman

facepalm.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
good point. you should try and find a way to monetize it.

I agree...paying people to read this thread would be an excellent way to raise page hits.

I could also post some t&a, and I don't mean the shirt.

- B

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Come on, guys- get a little creative here. We still have 43 more pages to beat David's Divots ™

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jefferyd
Come on, guys- get a little creative here. We still have 43 more pages to beat David's Divots â„¢

Can you convince Moo to send you his shorts to dismantle?

You'll have to find him first, though.

- B

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Wow Bill, you're in paradise with your wife and kids and you can't get me off the brain long enough to not make two posts about me this morning? Try harder.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Can you convince Moo to send you his shorts to dismantle?

- B

eatmyshorts.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics