• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the McNairy brown suede captoes yesterday. Mike you were spot on in recommending the 11.5's. Fit like a charm. Little bit narrow in the toebox but I'm sure it will stretch a little bit. Look forward to the upcoming releases!

edit: also dig the grey donegal tweed and cherry red fabrics...make those up!

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike-
Any update on the exploded flannel or black wool trousers?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PartagasIV
Got the McNairy brown suede captoes yesterday. Mike you were spot on in recommending the 11.5's. Fit like a charm. Little bit narrow in the toebox but I'm sure it will stretch a little bit. Look forward to the upcoming releases!

edit: also dig the grey donegal tweed and cherry red fabrics...make those up!

Awesome - thanks again Jamie! Glad that the shoes worked out. And we're looking pretty definite on both of those trousers.

And "holy ****" on the thought of those red cord's paired with the McNairy Captoe boots and a white pinpoint oxford.

Originally Posted by edubs01
Mike-
Any update on the exploded flannel or black wool trousers?

Hey Eric,

Still waiting on this. Our trouser dudes are tied up for the one-off pants. Was hoping for the Exploded Check to come this Friday, but it looks like that might get pushed back until around 2/25. Old-school manufacturing unfortunately comes with old-school speed if a key person's sick or on holiday. Sorry for the delay - you'll be the first to know once these hit.

Doctor

Reaction score
Hey Mike - I purchased some of the Epaulet/SF flannels a while back in size XL. At first I thought they were a bit too large, but after a few washes and wearings, they seemed to shrink up marginally and they now fit me well. I plan to purchase some of your upcoming shirts - should I go with XL again or size down to L? I read others saying that the flannels seemed to feel just a smidgen larger when new than other Epaulet shirts. This has pretty much confirmed to me that I should stick with the same size, but thought I'd confirm. Otherwise I may be in the dreaded "between sizes" territory
frown.gif

70gransport

Reaction score
Mike,

I like the trouser selections however are you planning on doing a slim fit pant for the warming months?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
Hey Mike - I purchased some of the Epaulet/SF flannels a while back in size XL. At first I thought they were a bit too large, but after a few washes and wearings, they seemed to shrink up marginally and they now fit me well. I plan to purchase some of your upcoming shirts - should I go with XL again or size down to L? I read others saying that the flannels seemed to feel just a smidgen larger when new than other Epaulet shirts. This has pretty much confirmed to me that I should stick with the same size, but thought I'd confirm. Otherwise I may be in the dreaded "between sizes" territory
frown.gif

Thanks! I'd stick with the XL - especially as these with make up a bit smaller than the flannel. If anything, you'll probably like the fit of the new shirts better.
Originally Posted by 70gransport
Mike, I like the trouser selections however are you planning on doing a slim fit pant for the warming months?
Oh absolutely. Alongside a few specialties like Blue linen chambray (oh my god) and Bordeaux cotton and seersucker, we're going to run three basics: 1. Italian Gabardine: This is an all-season cotton trouser. Really beautiful light khaki fabric. It will be a great piece with the ease of a chino but a little more dressed up with the Walt shape. Guaranteed that it will be once of the nicest feeling cotton trousers that you've ever met. We'll get these mid-Feb. 2. Dark Grey Tropical Wool: Great lightweight wool to wear from the early Spring to Fall. You can pull these off in the summer too without schvitzing to death. Coming mid-March. 3. Navy Poplin: really lightweight and soft cotton pant. You can roll up the cuffs and wear it on the beach. Poplin tends to wrinkle easily, so it will be a great casual piece.

70gransport

Reaction score
Oh wow, they sound great. Seeing as it's so humid down here I'll have to keep my eyes out for the Bordeux, and poplin pants.

PancakeDrawer

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm considering getting a pair of either the black or indigo jeans, and was curious if there were any pics of how they've faded over time? Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PancakeDrawer
Hi there! I'm considering getting a pair of either the black or indigo jeans, and was curious if there were any pics of how they've faded over time? Thanks!

We just launched these about four weeks ago, so we're still too early for faded pics of the actual jeans, but these are shots of a 5yr old pair of jeans made in the same deadstock Cone Mills Denim. These were faded by a denim champion and you can see the full potential...

4191256576_8f117d5c2d.jpg

4190494997_a1d2a7bfa7.jpg

cicero79

Reaction score
Very Impressive fades Mike, I'm sure the EP's owners will be very pleased with their results. Will you be restocking your oxfords soon?

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any update on the Gant selvedge oxfords?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cicero79
Very Impressive fades Mike, I'm sure the EP's owners will be very pleased with their results. Will you be restocking your oxfords soon?

Thank you - that guy is a master-fader. He's taking no prisoners.

And yes, we'll expect a full restock of Pinpoint oxfords by the first week of Feb.

Originally Posted by edubs01
Any update on the Gant selvedge oxfords?

It's looking like first week of Feb on that too - along with the Gant outerwear pieces. These are going to be awesome.

G-Kun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Awesome - thanks again Jamie! Glad that the shoes worked out. And we're looking pretty definite on both of those trousers.

And "holy ****" on the thought of those red cord's paired with the McNairy Captoe boots and a white pinpoint oxford.

Hey Eric,

Still waiting on this. Our trouser dudes are tied up for the one-off pants. Was hoping for the Exploded Check to come this Friday, but it looks like that might get pushed back until around 2/25. Old-school manufacturing unfortunately comes with old-school speed if a key person's sick or on holiday. Sorry for the delay - you'll be the first to know once these hit.

Since the exploded flannel got pushed back is it still possible to get in on a preorder for one? I was looking to grab one in an XS since they sell out so quick
frown.gif

Racing Green

Reaction score
Just received my Alden suede chukkas and wanted to thank Mike publicly for his spot on customer service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads