• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cod5.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
I have a question. Do kills from an killstreak reward from an emergency air drop count towards a higher kill streak reward?? I know they don't from simple care packages. Just asking.

They don't - but it sure helps the K : D.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
They don't - but it sure helps the K : D.

You're telling me. There's nothing better than being on Afgahn having a 4 kill streak, calling in a care package that is chopper gunner and going to town. More and more people are carrying around stingers though. Speaking of which, the AT2 sucks, it can't even down a harrier or hind in a single shot.

Eccentric

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Knife classes are a different beast in MW2. I use them as a change-of-pace during any match where people are camping. They're particularly good on Invasion and Skidrow...any map where it's porous.

I like open maps with cover in the middle. The best for me are rundown, quarry, and underpass.

Originally Posted by Lel
This might be just me but knifing is a reflex (except for knifing class duh) so I don't purposefully think, I just react instantly when I bump into someone else (knifed teammates all the time).

Unfortunately instincts are hard to shake so sometimes I catch someone coming around a corner and they're about 20 feet in front, holo sight aimed and...

...I knife the air in front of me uselessly and get gunned down.

ffffuuuu.gif

This happens to me too. Either that, or I try to quickly aim down but accidentally knife instead.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wasteland is my map

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
wasteland is my map

I will be able to get my multi-RPG challenge completed on this map. Why groups hang out in the bunker is beyond me.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
wasteland is my map

You snipe a lot, right? What're your favorite spots on Wasteland?

I will be able to get my multi-RPG challenge completed on this map. Why groups hang out in the bunker is beyond me.

Srsly, it's not a good way to win. If you're not sniping on Wasteland, go AR + Bling and add a grenade launcher to it. Guaranteed success.

Unlocked the ACR and M21 recently. ACR has supplanted M16 as my go-to AR, and I can't wait to finish my M16 challenges so I can go back to FAMAS + ACOG (and finish those challenges).

Does anyone else like the M21 over the Barrett? Or ACR over SCAR/TAR?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're telling me. There's nothing better than being on Afgahn having a 4 kill streak, calling in a care package that is chopper gunner and going to town. More and more people are carrying around stingers though. Speaking of which, the AT2 sucks, it can't even down a harrier or hind in a single shot.
Care packages are for search and destroy. The best combo is: Predator missile Pavlow Chopper Gunner or Pavlow Chopper Gunner Nuke Occasionally I'll use Emergency Airdrop for fun. Last night on Invasion, I got a chopper gunner, AC130, Air Strike and Predator Missile in one drop. No joke.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Care packages are for search and destroy.

The best combo is:

Predator missile
Pavlow
Chopper Gunner

or

Pavlow
Chopper Gunner
Nuke

Occasionally I'll use Emergency Airdrop for fun. Last night on Invasion, I got a chopper gunner, AC130, Air Strike and Predator Missile in one drop. No joke.

That's nothing, I once got a UAV, a Counter UAV and Two Ammo Crates.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's nothing, I once got a UAV, a Counter UAV and Two Ammo Crates.
I seem to have decent luck with care packages. Even though they aren't the best for regular game play, they are a lot of fun-even though there are much better kill streak rewards. I completely lost my **** the few times an opponent stole mine. I don't think I've been that mad in years.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anybody want to play tonight? Warning: I suck. PSN name is JiveMiguel.

Also, can anyone recommend a good headset?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
I seem to have decent luck with care packages. Even though they aren't the best for regular game play, they are a lot of fun-even though there are much better kill streak rewards. I completely lost my **** the few times an opponent stole mine. I don't think I've been that mad in years.

I got back to back EMP's once. Emergency air drops are huge and I don't mind other people (teammates) taking a predator missle or an airstrike, but if there's a chopper gunner or AC130 don't even try for it. And yes, getting something stolen is the worst. Getting killed on the way to pick up a well place care package only to spawn on the opposite side of the map really twists my titty.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Anybody want to play tonight? Warning: I suck. PSN name is JiveMiguel. Also, can anyone recommend a good headset?
I'll add you later...name is the TheChompman, feel free to add me. Check out the Jabra BT2040. Works well for a $10-15 headset.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got back to back EMP's once. Emergency air drops are huge and I don't mind other people (teammates) taking a predator missle or an airstrike, but if there's a chopper gunner or AC130 don't even try for it. And yes, getting something stolen is the worst. Getting killed on the way to pick up a well place care package only to spawn on the opposite side of the map really twists my titty.

Opposite side of this: it's really fun to steal an opponent's care package--even if it's a UAV or Counter-UAV.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Anybody want to play tonight? Warning: I suck. PSN name is JiveMiguel. Also, can anyone recommend a good headset?
I'll add you tonight. Name is Sig_Sauer_P220 I use a jawbone bluetooth that I found in a parking lot as my headset. I don't think you really need anything fancy.

andas

Reaction score
Good game, but Oh, I'm looking forward to Battlefield 3
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads