• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eames DSR Eiffel chairs

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find these chairs at an "attractive" price?

TIA
!luc

Mr_Mike

Reaction score
digging out this old thread which no-one responded on.

i'm purchasing 5 of the eiffel chairs from Dwell in the UK for £39 each!!! absolute bargain:

http://dwell.co.uk/104297/Eiffel-chair

i'm a big fan of the chair, what are your opinions?:

dave

Reaction score
I love them. I actually prefer them to the saarinen tulips with the tulip table. that said, I do prefer the original fiberglass tubs to the new plastic shells but that's strictly a matter of opinion.

I have a light blue RAR and it's one of my favorite pieces. it's easier to look at than it is to sit in but it's fairly comfortable for short periods at a time.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love them, too. I have 4 of them from Modernica with the chrome Eiffel bases, and blue sidechair seats. They're certainly not as cheap as 39 UKP, though, but they were made from the original molds with fiberglass, unlike the rather antiseptic official polypropylene versions made by Herman Miller.

--Andre

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I have one for my desk and it's great. for a simple chair, it's very comfortable over long periods of time.

I would be suspicious if the 39 UKP is the real Herman-Miller piece or just a replica.

Mr_Mike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar

I would be suspicious if the 39 UKP is the real Herman-Miller piece or just a replica.

Its certainly a replica... the quality is fantastic though for the price. Trouble is at the moment i'm buying furniture for a whole new house. Just can't justify spending £160 for something which is, to the intrained eye, the same at £39 version!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads