• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cod5.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seem the most shouted phrases on COD MP are in order:

"Camping Faggots!"

"Last stand bullshit!!"

then a combination of the two

"Last stand ******!!!"

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
It seem the most shouted phrases on COD MP are in order:

"Camping Faggots!"

"Last stand bullshit!!"

then a combination of the two

"Last stand ******!!!"

I admit to saying those two phrases very often. Last stand is a ******* joke. There is no way someone can take two shotgun blasts to the chest and then fall down and pull out a pistol and kill you with it. The problem with last stand is that after the shot that would usually kill, the victim is invincible for a split second while he is going into last stand.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also, "stop stealing my kills."

"****, 1 kill away from (name random killstreak reward)"

and

"how, I shot him?!"

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
[/b] I admit to saying those two phrases very often. Last stand is a ******* joke. There is no way someone can take two shotgun blasts to the chest and then fall down and pull out a pistol and kill you with it. The problem with last stand is that after the shot that would usually kill, the victim is invincible for a split second while he is going into last stand.
You ever faced a riot shielder with Last Stand? It's awesome/annoying, he's invulnerable from behind. Got my (only) LS kill like that.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
You ever faced a riot shielder with Last Stand? It's awesome/annoying, he's invulnerable from behind. Got my (only) LS kill like that.

So far the only thing awesome I've done in last stand is use C4 to the the "Click Click Boom" title.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/b]

I admit to saying those two phrases very often. Last stand is a ******* joke. There is no way someone can take two shotgun blasts to the chest and then fall down and pull out a pistol and kill you with it. The problem with last stand is that after the shot that would usually kill, the victim is invincible for a split second while he is going into last stand.

LS is hard to pull off, probably cause I think it's a bullshit perk and a waste of space. But I will give credit to those who (foolishly) use it, and use it well (I've seen guys in last stand out take half a team all at once).

It doesn't come off as much of a gameplay perk that's useful just a for show perk that makes you go "ooh cool" like scrambler.

Besides... last stand... flash bang, done.

Eccentric

Reaction score
[/b]

My problem with last stand is not the extra life, I can deal with getting shot by a downed guy. It's the fact that you don't get the kill if somebody else finishes the guy, you get an assist. You went to all the work of killing the bastard, the hard part anyway, and some other asshole can get the kill. It's not right.

On a completely different note, I have a cautionary tale. I prestieged for the first time the other day, and decided it was time to develope a troll class (Knife, marathon, lightweight, commando). So I set to, and before I knew it, I had forgotten how to play. I currently am re-learning to be a good player. My KDR went from 1.38 to 1.30. Still, it's a lot of fun.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh.gif

Is that your first knife class ever?

And really, once again, flash bang/stun grenade anyone in last stand. The instant they drop, you throw, and no one stills your kill.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
eh.gif

And really, once again, flash bang/stun grenade anyone in last stand. The instant they drop, you throw, and no one stills your kill.

this is good if you down a guy from a distance. Let's say you're using the mini-uzi and you're up close, you zap the guy and he goes down like a $5 hooker, all that's left is this guy sitting on his ass opening up on you with a Desert Eagle akimbo or a G18. No way you can flash bang that.

Eccentric

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
eh.gif

Yep, I have never tried it before. I am backing off the knifing for a while and concentrating on building my KDR back up.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
this is good if you down a guy from a distance. Let's say you're using the mini-uzi and you're up close, you zap the guy and he goes down like a $5 hooker, all that's left is this guy sitting on his ass opening up on you with a Desert Eagle akimbo or a G18. No way you can flash bang that.

I tend to drop people from a distance. If I'm up close, I probably have the auto-shot gun out and at that point I can simply hold down the trigger and everyone else in the room will pretty much die (so if the guy goes into LS at all then my last shotgun blast is probably going to kill him immediately after he's downed).

I dunno', LS has never been a problem for me (except for when I unexpectedly walk into a room where there's a guy with LS and he gets the jump on me but that's about it).

Originally Posted by Eccentric
Yep, I have never tried it before. I am backing off the knifing for a while and concentrating on building my KDR back up.

Yeah, good idea. I like to use a heartbeat sensor with my knifing class to find people when I can't see them. Watch the knifing video I posted a couple pages back, pretty good solid advice.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knife classes are a different beast in MW2. I use them as a change-of-pace during any match where people are camping. They're particularly good on Invasion and Skidrow...any map where it's porous.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sometimes yell at people in Vietnamese during the loading screen, even thought I don't speak vietnamese. You can call me Staff Sargent Barnes. I cock-a-dow.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might be just me but knifing is a reflex (except for knifing class duh) so I don't purposefully think, I just react instantly when I bump into someone else (knifed teammates all the time).

Unfortunately instincts are hard to shake so sometimes I catch someone coming around a corner and they're about 20 feet in front, holo sight aimed and...

...I knife the air in front of me uselessly and get gunned down.

ffffuuuu.gif

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question. Do kills from an killstreak reward from an emergency air drop count towards a higher kill streak reward?? I know they don't from simple care packages. Just asking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads