• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
More then slim enough to remind me of my New Years goal of putting off the 10 pounds I gained last fall.
lol8[1].gif
I tried on the JCrew in a Large (non Tall) before and they honestly feel roughly the same "slim" in the waist. The BR one actually fits me better overall because of how well it fits me in the chest and shoulder area. I was actually considering getting the JCrew Chambray in an XL-Tall and getting the waist taken in a little because JCrew's Large sizes can often restrict my arm and should movements. I have to admit JCrew's has some nicer details here and there after looking at the picture again, but I'm happy overall with my purchase. I'd endorse it enough to say you guys should go check it out.
smile.gif
EDIT: In terms of shrinking what should I expect as typical for this type of shirt?

xanatos

Reaction score
St at my local store. It looked like they had some new stuff in. In different colors and stuff I haven't seen. Seems like too early to get their shipmints in but all my stores always have had stuff in before it's been online.
There's a light weight gingham in black that's like the purple one but isn't online. Can't wait till next Tuesday

constantine.

Reaction score
Very happy to see the J Crew store in Georgetown stocking tons of extra-smalls. Tried on the solid double-sided utility shirt and the fabric is very very nice.

seany

Reaction score
My store had a few new things, about three or four diffrent madras button ups. Some looked very cool.

I tried taking a picture of them and got yelled at -_-

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
$65 for a web belt. No, no, no, no, no.

Alito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
My store had a few new things, about three or four diffrent madras button ups. Some looked very cool.

I tried taking a picture of them and got yelled at -_-

Only shirts? post pics please

DrFaustus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
$65 for a web belt. No, no, no, no, no.

Hey, I bought one... hah.

Looks like other people wanted it to, it's sold out again already.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrFaustus
Hey, I bought one... hah.

Looks like other people wanted it to, it's sold out again already.

It keeps popping back up. There must be a lot of returns of the belt.

DrFaustus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
It keeps popping back up. There must be a lot of returns of the belt.

I'd believe it. It's underwhelming in person.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Come on guys, this is not the first time you have seen an item sell for 3X to 4X what's it's really worth because it has a designer's name attached to it, is it? Welcome to fashion.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
In case anyone cares, I posted my first impressions of the BR Chambray I was talking about in these JCrew threads a little while back.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=160354&page=2

Cliff notes: Seems like a good shirt and about $30 less then the JCrew one.

I just saw this one on Martin & Osa and ordered it. Looks nice on the site:

http://www.martinandosa.com/web/brow...ctId=3331_7022

I also have the BR chambray on order, as well as a last-season RRL. I will do a comparison in a couple weeks and post impressions here. I guess I'll have a lot of things to return...

RyanM

Reaction score
Quick question: can somebody comment on J. Crew sweaters' fit/quality vs. Club Monaco?
Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads