• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorial mythbusting

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mccvi
revolve.gif
there's your bat.

Back at you

mccvi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Back at you

"For everyone's information, I have some very serious people looking at this site and I don't think they understand, nor care, about the soap opera which is the world of some of the internet style message boards."
rolleyes.gif

mccvi

Reaction score
Since you asked. Notice that the stripes aren't anywhere near in alignment, that the shoulder and chest area are loose , that the jacket gapes in the front where it should not, and the odd patterned "V" on the inside of his left sleeve. Terrible extra fabric in the sleeve head, I could go on. it's all very well for ready made but one would think someone pushing custom would have a better idea. No wonder he is bent over like Cornelius. Now all this technical stuff pales in comparison to how infrequent this suit style is seen in the USA. Most Americans wont wear this because of its trash bag roominess.
"I have no competition as a "dandy", nor do I need to compete with people in the trade, or degrade them. If someone has displeased you, state your information with responsibility and then take a deep breath and move on...but do move on."

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"For everyone's information, I have some very serious people looking at this site and I don't think they understand, nor care, about the soap opera which is the world of some of the internet style message boards."
rolleyes.gif

Ohhhhh, serious people, well why didnt you say so?
"I have no competition as a "dandy", nor do I need to compete with people in the trade, or degrade them. If someone has displeased you, state your information with responsibility and then take a deep breath and move on...but do move on."
My comments are both sincere and accurate. If anyone degrades anyone, it is the wearer of that, that, that...suit who degrades himself. He offends me with it sir, and he owes me an apology.

mccvi

Reaction score

My comments are both sincere and accurate. If anyone degrades anyone, it is the wearer of that, that, that...suit who degrades himself. He offends me with it sir, and he owes me an apology.

Well played, sir. Well played.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yawn. Good morning.

Have we determined yet who the fattest guy in the worst suit is?

Where's the poal?

confused.gif

- B

tailorgod

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jefferyd
The Germans, who are obsessed with getting that line perfectly vertical all the way up and down have a way of dealing with it, but I don't think it would work with a belly of that size; by straightening the shoulder, which would eliminate some of the leaning, you throw some of the excess to the side instead of the front, where it is needed. I think stripes should be avoided for this type of figure for this very reason.

asz00011.jpg

And yet you are right about both, the obsession and better to avoid stripes (or any dominant pattern)!
worship.gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Its Terry the Tit in the suit.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Yawn. Good morning. Have we determined yet who the fattest guy in the worst suit is? Where's the poal?
confused.gif
- B

Oh, I thought we were determining how many extra suits Anderson and Sheppard's newest Spokes Geek was going to sell or if he would actually hurt the business in spite of his winning personality.
smile.gif

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go to FNB's site and find the pics of Two-Ton Teplitz you'll see him wearing the vest for that suit and he looks completely normal.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11210Lapo1452Web.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
But again, what makes you think the wearer wouldn't look much worse in another suit? Imagine him in an A&S suit with all it's negligently draping folds?

I think also that because I simply do not care about mens' bodies that I must be part of that small percentage that is in no way gay. There are those that are happily gay, those that aren't and a large proportion that live in a state of denial in the middle ground.
smile.gif

I don't want to ******** with trees or paintings and for some reason I can emit aesthetic judgments about them, in fact if I couldn't I'd be in denial, like a lot of dudes (like you) are about being unable to emit any judgment about a man's physical appearance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads