• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^
facepalm.jpg

Yardsale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
So I am seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of the brown chrome excel indy boots. I really wanted the NY Alden black version but not sure I will be able to scroe them.
This would be my first pair of brown boots as I mostly tend to wear black footwear. What colors could you wear with these boots?

this thread is for you.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the grip of the Alden.

A beautiful and cruel mistress.

Looking at the plaza lasted wingtip and captoe boots on Leather Soul.

I think they are next.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
So I am seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of the brown chrome excel indy boots. I really wanted the NY Alden black version but not sure I will be able to scroe them.
This would be my first pair of brown boots as I mostly tend to wear black footwear. What colors could you wear with these boots?

Brown is a very versatile color. Of course you can wear them with blue/navy, some grays, brown.....

This is just off the top of my head. I think black is more limiting.

The people getting Ultimate Indy's* are most probably wearing them with denim more often than not. In which case I prefer the brown version over the black.

I wonder if Tom has TM'd Ultimate Indy? He prob should since others are jumping on the trend now.

Arizor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
I'm in the grip of the Alden.

A beautiful and cruel mistress.

Looking at the plaza lasted wingtip and captoe boots on Leather Soul.

I think they are next.

I feel your pain. That wingtip is a filthy, filthy tease and I must have her! I mean it.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edu, they are a pretty versatile boot. Wear them with contrasting browns, blues, greys, khaki, etc.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just picked up the 11in bone shoe horn and some #8 polish for my longwings from the DC store ...

the lady manager said they are getting a bunch of new "casual" styles in of the indy boot including some kudus and rare shell colors. she was peeved that they are coming after teh winter season. but those in the area who are looking to pick up some indys in some other styles then the stock, check them out or call them to see whats coming.

Dethevn

Reaction score
Posted this in noob thread. Figure I should repost it here since people are more knowledgeable about Alden's here.

I've been looking to buy some boots and I came across someone willing to sell me Alden Shell Cordovan Jumpers from the states but I do not have any experience sizing Aldens.

He said they come in 9.5 D so I measured my foot and I'm not sure if they will fit.

I wear a:
10 US in most sneakers, nikes, etc.
9.5 in Clark's DB
and my foot measured is roughly 10.5-10.6 inches.

I'm also 4" in width using the tape.

The jumper boots come in a trubalance last and I'm wondering if I will have to wear thicker socks or whether this size is fine.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where the heck are people finding jumper boots for sale???? i want a pair in 8.5D!!!

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The laces on my #8 tankers snapped after about a month of wear. (awesome)
anyone have a suggestion for a durable, preferably waxed, replacement?

and has anyone every tried pairing a lighter colored lace, like beige, with a darker colored shell boot and have pics they could show?

TIA

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zazaza
The laces on my #8 tankers snapped after about a month of wear. (awesome)
anyone have a suggestion for a durable, preferably waxed, replacement?

and has anyone every tried pairing a lighter colored lace, like beige, with a darker colored shell boot and have pics they could show?

TIA

Wow, that is unusual. You should be able to get a free replacement pair from whomever you purchased it from.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i don't know if its a function of the speed lace hooks or what, but these laces are garbage. i could prob get a replacement from where i purchased, but i'm worried it'll happen again not long down the line so i'm considering something other than OEM

Arizor

Reaction score
For snapped laces, I know you want something more durable but for now just email Alden and they will gladly (in my experience) mail you new laces.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arizor
I feel your pain. That wingtip is a filthy, filthy tease and I must have her! I mean it.
I hear it whispering to me, of patina, of durability and old world construction. Of waxed laces, clean eyelets, simple lines. Of style, warm and subdued. It calls to me.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally you size down a half size in the truebalance, so I imagine the 9.5D should be a good fit if you wear a size 10 sneaker. Shouldn't need a thick sock.

Originally Posted by Dethevn
Posted this in noob thread. Figure I should repost it here since people are more knowledgeable about Alden's here.

I've been looking to buy some boots and I came across someone willing to sell me Alden Shell Cordovan Jumpers from the states but I do not have any experience sizing Aldens.

He said they come in 9.5 D so I measured my foot and I'm not sure if they will fit.

I wear a:
10 US in most sneakers, nikes, etc.
9.5 in Clark's DB
and my foot measured is roughly 10.5-10.6 inches.

I'm also 4" in width using the tape.

The jumper boots come in a trubalance last and I'm wondering if I will have to wear thicker socks or whether this size is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads