• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Sorry folks - I'm back...
tinfoil.gif

20100118_main.jpg

20100118_detail1.jpg
20100118_detail2.jpg

Details:
Boots: C&J Chelsea 5's
Moleskins: Maine
Shirt: Baulmer
Lambswool Sweater: Thomas Nash
Tie: Turnbull & Asser
PS: vintage silk
lambswool Scarf: M&S
Cord SC: Hackett
Hat: Failsworth

Can anyone sum up what I've missed recently?

It's about time you came back.
smile.gif

literasyme

Reaction score
Welcome back, MoK! I see your T&A tie, and I counter, kitty-corner, with N&L:
DSCF2104.jpg
I sort of liked this tie-knot as the centre of a sartorial swirl, but for a clearer picture:
DSCF2105.jpg
See, FNB? No problem with the dimple.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Today, took a couple of days off, so no tie for me. Not on a beach like some of our more esteemed members:

Awesome coat - deets? And I am starting to suspect (as someone else has already suggested) that the hands are always in pockets in preparation for the next shot - the gnatty shoe shot with the perfect no break pant length (achieved by yanking on the pants from inside the pockets).

funkyprez

Reaction score
just brilliant. I'm guessing the stripe in the tie is also purple, referencing the socks.

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
All these patterns and colors are not easy to wear. But your tasteful combination really works! A masteful appearance. I enjoyed this.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Warm Day in Charlotte

DSC02544.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

DSC02545.jpg

DSC02547.jpg

Jacket=PeterLee Linen Field Coat
Shirt=Jantzen
Belt=Torino Leather
Pants=Incotex
Socks=Happy Feet
Shoes=Alden Flex Welt Chukka
Watch=Rolex SubDate

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
Interesting. I can't say that I would expect a man of your wealth and taste to prefer tanq ten in a martini as opposed to, say, Aviation. Am I missing out? Regarding the preparation, however,...
teacha.gif

Originally Posted by luftvier
I can see Tanq Ten with a twist. Not so much with an olive though.

Originally Posted by gregaz
Welcome back - you were missed. Can you please tell Neo and Pand that they are also missed?

Pfft ... snobspeak. I prefer Tang (regular) to most "premium" gins for the simple reason that they don't neuter the juniper flavor (what some may describe as smooooth, easy drinking quality). That said, I do have a soft spot for Hendrick's and Junipero. Yum.

Originally Posted by NakedYoga
+1. I've tried lots of different gins, often recommended by the "experts," but I always come back to either Tanqueray or Hendrick's. I have a friend who insists on buying everyone drinks when we're out, but he'll refuse to buy mine (I'm partial to gin & tonics year-round) unless it's with Bombay Sapphire. Sad, really.

Originally Posted by matt22616
Hmm. Must be preference. I don't care for Tanq or Hendricks in a martini. G&T, sure. Like your friend, I much prefer Sapphire (which costs the same as Tanq in my neck of the woods). Hell, I prefer Plymouth in a martini to Tanq. Plymouth being considerably less expensive. But I don't claim to be an expert, just a law student.

EDIT: I'll have to get my hands on some Bluecoat luft, never had it.

I would take Vox to be and Old Raj drinker, but since he is in the land of Rum, he might choose something lighter, more citrus based, and pedestrian.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
I'm sick. Vox is on vacation. PG is on hiatus.

And apparently you shaved?

Looking sharp. Just have to get used to the new you.
laugh.gif

Looks great MoK.. Welcome back BTW.

Originally Posted by gregaz
Awesome coat - deets? And I am starting to suspect (as someone else has already suggested) that the hands are always in pockets in preparation for the next shot - the gnatty shoe shot with the perfect no break pant length (achieved by yanking on the pants from inside the pockets).

lol, no, the break on my trousers is indeed, due to OCD compulsion and a tailor who understands me well enough to get it right the first time. Coat is actually from the Brooks Brothers "Country Club" collection a couple of seasons ago. A reasonable alternative to a sportcoat when I don't really need to wear a sportcoat.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.K
DSC02547.jpg

Nice shoes. You and PG had me really considering buying these, but I broke down and bought the Alden 403 in brown chromexcel. Chukkas just have never looked right on me for some odd reason..

kcc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
p1020203z.jpg

Crisp look. I love it.

Grace us with the details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads