• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ +1. Jeans don't need to be skin-tight and turn your feet blue because the hem cuts the circulation off at the ankle. Jeans are just like trousers in terms of fit. Too baggy and they look awful, too tight and it'll be super uncomfortable. There is a happy medium. In terms of color/wash, my opinion is that dark denim (doesn't have to be raw) is much more versatile than light denim.

newtrane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
p1020203z.jpg

Very nice indeed. I think I would slightly lower button stance though.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
p1020203z.jpg

Very nice. Especially the jacket. The photography doesn't really allow to comment on colour coordination, but the pants look like a strange hue of beige (?) in this shot. The other things are, I suppose a pale blue OCBD and a brown knit tie? The main colour of the square also seems to be brown. But I really think the best thing here is the jacket; the only way to tell that you're probably quite tall is the railing behind you. Else, everything looks in proportion. Only thing I would change would be the size of the knot. Looks too small to me.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlwaysDressed
NAS...I appreciate your constructive criticism, but I am not trying to set the world on fire with the fit of my jeans. I'm 5' 9.5" 195lbs, so I don't have a fitted jeans type of physique...nor do I want the tightness associated with that look.

I think you could still do a lot better with the jeans, all the rest of your outfits are superb so it's a shame to see your casual look be let down by bad jeans.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oblomov
Sunny winter day!
20100118.jpg

The color combination is smashing! I love the blue windowpane on the coat.
worship.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
fuuma.jpg

I'm so depressed!!! Woe is me!! Haha. Note that this outfit only works with the white leather jacket (unworn, in the background) cause the shoes don't work with the hoodie alone.

AlwaysDressed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oblomov
Sunny winter day!
20100118.jpg

This is definitely a unique look. Never would have thought to build a look around a blue sports coat, black jeans, brown shoes & brown belt. I like the way you mixed things up...yet kept things all together. Good job.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
iGents after a bit o' curry & naan in Hong Kong. Guess the shoes!
2010-01-18%2020.39.29.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
yfyf-2010-01-18-re.jpg

That is a fantastically ballsy suit pattern.

And I am sure that it's merely the camera angle + lens distortion, but the hacking pockets paired with the apparent shortness of the jacket in these particular photos make you look like you have child-bearing hips.
I am certain that you don't.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
I think you could still do a lot better with the jeans, all the rest of your outfits are superb so it's a shame to see your casual look be let down by bad jeans.

One is not truly a Senior Member of StyleForvm until they have had this comment made on their denim.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bespoke Optimo of Chicago Fedora

Quartz grey
5 1/2 inch open crown creased into teardrop 4 3/4 inches
2 5/8 inch brim

Dark Navy John Varvatos suit

Zegna solid red tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads