• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double Breasted Sport Coats (not blazers)

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Kids + Linen + Dog ≠ White.

You aint kiddin'. I think Vox's is pretty cool, but that guy can make anything look good, his tailoring is THAT impeccable and the rest (accessories like ties, shoes, etc) is so great its hard to use him as a litmus for me.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
I don't know why I keep having the argument with you, but DBs are not dated.

I would generally keep odd coats for SB. Other than blazers, DBs are best confined to suits.

It only becoems an argument because you fail to see the correct side of th issue, which is mine.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
NYR, I think this DB looks great on you. You just get one like it in a darker color.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowtielover
It only becoems an argument because you fail to see the correct side of th issue, which is mine.

because bowties aren't dated.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
This is what got me thinking...I saw a DB Linen Jacket Frank was making last time over at Ercoles, and it was for a gentleman who is roughly my size, so he told me to try it on to see how I liked it...needless to say
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Would be a great addition to my summer collection, but I thought of one that can be worn more often, ad the fact that I have two kids under age 2, not sure how long I'd be able to keep this clean, and how often it could come out of my closet! Anyway...judge for yourselves, again, not mine, but made for a customer with my build:

IMG_5421.jpg

IMG_5422.jpg

Rob, I like this, but i think it would be better in petrol blue.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowtielover

HAHAHA, this is sig worthy.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The idea sounds good. I think I would go with blue and with patch pockets though. Add some MOP buttons and it would be a great separate.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is what got me thinking...I saw a DB Linen Jacket Frank was making last time over at Ercoles, and it was for a gentleman who is roughly my size, so he told me to try it on to see how I liked it...needless to say
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Would be a great addition to my summer collection, but I thought of one that can be worn more often, ad the fact that I have two kids under age 2, not sure how long I'd be able to keep this clean, and how often it could come out of my closet! Anyway...judge for yourselves, again, not mine, but made for a customer with my build:

Beckenstein, 39th street, has a white on white seersucker cloth. That would make a casual, easy to wear summer DB jacket. Cloth is dirt cheap, practically free. your expense is in labor and trimmings.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the one thing that turns me off blue is that its so close to "blazer"...I'd like more the ANTI-blazer

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the one thing that turns me off blue is that its so close to "blazer"...I'd like more the ANTI-blazer

Light gray then?

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ranger,

If you get that jacket, you might wear it once for a SF pic and then sell it. Besides the kids and dogs, which you have already mentioned, I don't see this as a look for you. It reminds me of you in the cream cord suit. Mind you, I make this assumption, never meeting you, and just going what I know about you from being online.

I also think clothes should be worn taking your surroundings into context. Some of the things that I see and like, I would not wear around NYC or Brooklyn, but would wear in France or Italy. Just my two cents of course.

emptym

Reaction score
I have a nice vintage db in light blue oxford cloth w/ mop buttons. I love it in the summer. There were pics on PSG's Self Edge thread. Here's a grainy version of one of them: If you go to PSG's thread and click the thumbnails, the images are better.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JPHardy
Ranger,

If you get that jacket, you might wear it once for a SF pic and then sell it. Besides the kids and dogs, which you have already mentioned, I don't see this as a look for you. It reminds me of you in the cream cord suit. Mind you, I make this assumption, never meeting you, and just going what I know about you from being online.

I also think clothes should be worn taking your surroundings into context. Some of the things that I see and like, I would not wear around NYC or Brooklyn, but would wear in France or Italy. Just my two cents of course.

I agree 100%...with that particular coat. In fact, when we discussed it, it was wearing it on a boat in Lake Como, Italy. Now THAT is out of my league...which is why I was thinking a windowpane or plaid, which in my mind, is more fitting with who I am, and my style.

And that cream cord suit...still available...
teacha.gif

Surely someone's personality fits it, especially at the price I'm offering!

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to find it but theres a pic of a buyer from Brunello cucinelli on the sartorialist with an amazing patterned DB sportcoat that I have always wanted to have made. Ill see if i can find the pic.

dl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads