• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear to the third and fourth interview?

hymo

Reaction score
I have gone for two interviews with this company. This is a machine building firm of German origin. It's a Project Manager position.

First interview:
Charcoal SB, white shirt, blue tie, black Oxford captoes

Second interview (salary negotiation):
Light grey kid mohair SB, navy pindot tie, black Oxford captoes.

I've been asked back in a week's time to discuss the finer points of the employment contract and establish a date when I can start.

Also, in a few weeks, I was asked to meet with the Vice President for this division, who will be flying in from HQ in Germany.

What would be an appropriate dress for next week, and when I meet with the VP? The thing is, I only have the two suits above, but can bespeak more.

I was thinking of being suitless for the next appointment, and maybe a navy DB suit when meeting with the VP (I will have to bespeak it).

Wrigglez

Reaction score
somthing dark, dark navy sounds good, white shirt, nothing to crazy with ties, just dark again.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hymo
Can I wear a suit I've already worn before?

Yes. They will not notice.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Yes. They will not notice.

Agreed.

It sounds like you've already scored the job, so I'd imagine as long as you don't wear something wildly inappropriate, you'll be just fine.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NakedYoga
Agreed.

It sounds like you've already scored the job, so I'd imagine as long as you don't wear something wildly inappropriate, you'll be just fine.

Have you considered Lederhosen?

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I agree with the above. There would be no problem in wearing one of the suits again, but wear a different shirt and tie.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hymo
Can I wear a suit I've already worn before?

Wear the first outfit with a diff tie....

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Yes, but change the tie.

Originally Posted by dv3
^I agree with the above. There would be no problem in wearing one of the suits again, but wear a different shirt and tie.

Originally Posted by ter1413
Wear the first outfit with a diff tie....

Honestly, if he wore the same dammed outfit, I doubt they'd notice
smile.gif

blackbowtie

Reaction score
smile.gif

This is likely true but I sat in a panel interviewing a candidate - it's his third interview - and since I'm one of the insane people who follow this forum, I DID notice that he was wearing the same suit and tie as he did at the first interview. But it's safe to say that no one else noticed, and most importantly, it had no bearing on the outcome whatsoever.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
smile.gif

Possibly true, but changing the tie is very easy to do, and will give a different look to the outfit. Although it may not matter, people may be less likely to notice it's the same suit if the tie is different.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads