• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
what a Goober, he is wearing a BD with a DB
rolleyes.gif

BTW, that DB is actually pretty bad. Bad lapels, bad pick stitching, buttons are off. doesn't fit him that great but it's most likely RTW.

Originally Posted by edmorel
no, there is already a threak for that (sartorial mythbusting), I just think the person that mentioned that it was the best navy DB was confusing a good looking, fit, stylish young man in a suit with a stylish suit.

I don't think I am better looking, fitter or more stylish than this young man's suit. I do think he could do better for a DB, though.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From recent WAYWRN.

4277546862_35836296b5.jpg
4277553854_88319969d1.jpg

4276593973_5ddc4f0f4e.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
4277546862_35836296b5.jpg

The collar's a bit loose, and the buttons are too far apart to my eyes.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

Foo, the guy looks like a nerd to start with .

The loose collar is the least of his problems.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collar couldn't be much better, and I prefer the button spacing. Differing opinions.
Originally Posted by lasbar
Foo, the guy looks like a nerd to start with . The loose collar is the least of his problems.
plain.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Collar couldn't be much better, and I prefer the button spacing. Differing opinions.

You don't think so? The gap between it and your shirt collar is fairly wide and your lapels are gaping.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collar looks better on foofed version,buttons are not appealing. Did you add drape?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Collar looks better on foofed version,buttons are not appealing. Did you add drape?

Not any more than is already there.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
luftvierfoofed.jpg

I appreciate the foof. Thank you.

I think you suppressed the waist to the point where I'd have to either remove ribs or wear a corset.

And while the collar appears an issue in a static picture on SF, I frankly am not concerned because, practically speaking, no more than .1 of .1 percent of the population will even notice, and even then only in a still photo.

You don't think so? The gap between it and your shirt collar is fairly wide and your lapels are gaping.

Couldn't any of this be from my posture in the photo, or the fact that my arm is up taking a narcissistic restroom photo?
laugh.gif

Cornellian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hymo
The best navy DB I've seen.

odw05052009.jpg

I agree, that's a fine specimen.

Suit's nice too.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I appreciate the foof. Thank you.

I live to serve.
smile.gif

I think you suppressed the waist to the point where I'd have to either remove ribs or wear a corset.

I actually didn't suppress the waist at all. What you are seeing is the effect of a wider shoulder and chest--because they are so narrow as is, you look like a stick. I did smooth over the area where your hip pockets are, but that shouldn't make the jacket any tighter than it already is.

And while the collar appears an issue in a static picture on SF, I frankly am not concerned because, practically speaking, no more than .1 of .1 percent of the population will even notice, and even then only in a still photo.

Well, you can see it gaping a little in your other photo, too.

Couldn't any of this be from my posture in the photo, or the fact that my arm is up taking a narcissistic restroom photo?
laugh.gif
[/quote]

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually didn't suppress the waist at all. What you are seeing is the effect of a wider shoulder and chest--because they are so narrow as is, you look like a stick. I did smooth over the area where your hip pockets are, but that shouldn't make the jacket any tighter than it already is.

I see this now. I am, basically, a 5'9" stick.

I guess I could buy 38R coats and have them significantly altered, but it's not worth it to me to do so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads