• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5+1 Annapurna, any comments?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so i recently picked up a cashmere sweater by 5+1 Annapurna. it's got a ribbed texture and has a gossamer-thin weave. don't know too much about the quality but i really like how it looked and how nice it felt, so i went for it.

quality feels very high but a very different feel from, say Loro Piana or Brunello Cucinelli.

anyone with experience about this brand? it seems pretty obscure on the internets, and of course the company has a lot of boilerplate...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a solid high end, Italian knitwear company. The 5+1 line is a new new, just a couple of seasons old, I think. Where did you get it? The only place I've seen it in in North America is Marc Laurent in Toronto.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i got it at Filene's, but it has Louis Boston tags on it - not sure if they still carry the label or if it was part of a liquidation.

it's very nice in a casual/streetwear-ish kind of way. and a huge step up in quality from other labels in that space that make similar items (at least that i've seen)

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Louis Boston still carries the brand. I was at their sale yesterday and I tried on a 5+1 Annapurna sweater that was a zip up in navy. Seemed to be very nice but it just wasn't my style. Hope you enjoy your sweater.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It is the younger label for Aida Barni and the quality is high.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there an Annapurna and a separate 5+1 Annapurna line, or is that just yoox foolishness again?

horton

Reaction score
I'd put them in the very high quality range. The one's I've tried on have been slim fitting and a slight fashion edge, e.g., shorter length when that's in, or stripes.

I have only seen them with the 5+1

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston
Is there an Annapurna and a separate 5+1 Annapurna line, or is that just yoox foolishness again?

They are separate lines. 5+1 Annapurna is meant to appeal to the more modern shopper. The knits are typically a little more directional and collection based. The Annapurna line is more "classic" in feel. Both are much less "19th hole executive casual wear" than Aida Barni.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've tried some 5+1 Annapurna at the local 10 Corso Como; nice, but not warranting purchase.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
They are separate lines. 5+1 Annapurna is meant to appeal to the more modern shopper. The knits are typically a little more directional and collection based. The Annapurna line is more "classic" in feel. Both are much less "19th hole executive casual wear" than Aida Barni.
Does this "19th hole executive casual wear" you speak of include your beloved half zip pastel cashmere sweater collection?

foto010101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Does this "19th hole executive casual wear" you speak of include your beloved half zip pastel cashmere sweater collection?
What is meant by "19th hole executive casual wear"?

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's great stuff, and there is loads of it at the current 75% off Louis sale that started this morning.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt

Yes. I'm sending you the pink cableknit one you were admiring in that store window. There should be enough room in the body to accomodate about an extra 50 lbs, so you'll be able to wear it well into retirement.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads