• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

JN41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kapay
Does anyone know of any other watches that allow for exhanging nylon straps aside from the J. Crew Timex one? I like the strap options but I don't like the watch itself. Sorry if this is the worng place to ask.

Kapay, most watches will allow for simple strap changes (provided they don't have integrated bracelets--i.e. bracelets that are actually fixed to the watch head). Find a watch you like and purchase some nylon or nato straps separately. You'll want to make sure that the strap is the right width for your watch though (in most cases between 18-22mm).

Check out http://natostrap.com/ or http://timefactors.com/nato.htm for some options.

Hope this helps.

Singular

Reaction score
Well, I know of another shop as well...
wink.gif

/M

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vbuskirk
Alright you bastiches. Here's the other side. I'm not a Rolex fan; I just happen to have a very passionate affair with this one particular watch. I agree with KtownGreg who said "Often simple is best."

Rolex_Explorer-1_even.jpg

Just shows how tastes vary as I had that watch and thought it wasn't that great, too small and too expensive for what it was for me....now have a Sub which is OK but still not great shakes as far as I am concerned when I look at others, also have an Omega Aqua Terra which I feel is a great value and looks very good!

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
greatness!! love that sporty strap, too - what is it?
Edit: nope not a rally strap, my mistake. Chopard makes OEM ones, but check Di-Modell and Hadley Roma for aftermarket PS Edit: Hirsch calls it a Rally strap

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have to agree with this- finally got the explorer but have grown a little disenchanted with it. its to do with the size and lack of, for want of a better word, solidity. i had got used to wearing the speedmaster and that does feel like a lot more watch, the whole construction feels better, the rolex is almost tinny by comparison. the explorer is still a good watch but not worth the money when you consider the other options out there IMO.
by the way i got a nato from singular and it is great quality, as good as timefactors IMO.

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
have to agree with this- finally got the explorer but have grown a little disenchanted with it. its to do with the size and lack of, for want of a better word, solidity. i had got used to wearing the speedmaster and that does feel like a lot more watch, the whole construction feels better, the rolex is almost tinny by comparison. the explorer is still a good watch but not worth the money when you consider the other options out there IMO.
by the way i got a nato from singular and it is great quality, as good as timefactors IMO.

My thoughts exactly, the Aqua Terra I had really turned me around on this one as I used to think it was the style of the watch that was the problem but after owning the Omega and seeing the slight difference in size (39mm vs 36 for the Explorer) and the build quality I fell in love with the style again, plus the fact that the Omega new was less than a grand from what I paid for my explorer over 6 or 7 years ago was a refreshing surprise, I really cannot believe they get away with charging what they do for the Rolex nowadays given that it hasn't changed at all, thankfully when I sold mine I didn't lose as much with the sale as I could have as their secondary market values now are pretty horrible.

FWIW here is my Omega again...

AT-1.jpg

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mathew J
AT-1.jpg

Beautiful watch. Unless the watch is task specific (and used as such), I find many watches are too busy even though I may respect the complication. Like a woman trying too hard with too much makeup.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two thumbs up. The BigP's original dial is so much better than the new one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads