• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

21 year old, needing advice on how to dress my age

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This whole thread is
facepalm.gif

mondayc

Reaction score
Every time there is a thread like this, there should be one reply saying "lurk more" and then no more advice after that.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing whatever feels natural is dressing your age. Goddammnnnnn

uvmboi13

Reaction score
You are 21. You should be wearing a suit every single day...No more t-shirts, polos, or anything else.

[end sarcasm]

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should get some workwear. There is a good thread around here somewhere ...

vertig0

Reaction score
thanks gwydion for the shout out. Just my .02 cents (for what it's worth). The reason why I included as much about myself as I did, and the reason I think everyone should that seeks advice, is the more people know/understand about you, the better advice they can give to help you find you're personal style. I think fashion & style is all about confidence. Anyone can recommend that one wear this or that, but if one is not confident in what they wear, no matter how perfect the fit or how expensive the label (not that price/label have anything to do with a garment looking good or bad), it will never look as good as an outfit that you feel good wearing. It would be easy to create an army of clones, but that's not personal, nor is it stylish.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vertig0
It would be easy to create an army of clones, but that's not personal, nor is it stylish.
But it is terribly effective for defeating the droid army.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
there's nothing clone-ish about wearing jeans, boots, and a t-shirt. **** is basic. your choices are obviously limitless, but if you want a step up from American Eagle, BR, and Gap nothing wrong with APC, Alden, and Hanes as a starting point.

**** i would be pretty happy if everybody wore APCs (or flatheads or samurais or ande whalls) instead of True Religion. don't give a **** about exclusivity. spread the denim gospel

vertig0

Reaction score
I think my comment was misunderstood and I can see why; I wasn't clear enough. I didn't mean that recommendations should all be vastly different and unique, I meant recommendations should fit into the a persons personal style.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
uh dude, I'm just too lazy to type everthing you need to know. Lurk more, look at the WAYW pics and wait a while before buying stuff until you really get it. Then post fit pics, not the ones you know work but the oens you're not sure about and accept cricism

dunelly

Reaction score
What I learned from months of lurking

buy levis 514
shirts : size down 1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads