• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Just received these today. DBSS black denim....

dbss_denim1.jpg

While size 1 is my normal DBSS size, I sized up to a size 2 in these since the cut is super skinny. Rise is insanely low, so sizing up was a smart move. Denim fabric is super soft, making these very comfortable on the first wear. Quick fit pic....

dbss_jeans.jpg

fit on those jeans looks like that of my RLBL jeans, though the wash is mildly cooler

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andrew Marc. It's a little big around the waist. Would a tailor be able to take that in a little?
Photo3.jpg

Photo4-1.jpg

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
andrew marc is not SF approved. stop trolling ><

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
andrew marc is not SF approved. stop trolling ><

Don't care. I've been around longer then you and it looks better then a lot of the stuff on here.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
Don't care. I've been around longer then you and it looks better then a lot of the stuff on here.

if your talking about the jcrew thread then i agree

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quoddy Canoe Moc Brown Chromexcel on Charcoal Soles

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
^^Fit looks spot on. What shoes are you wearing? I'd probably dress like you if I had the money. lol.
Those are the infamous W+H Dayton service boots. They look ok in this context, but the bottom half feels a little plain since there's not much contrast between the denim and the boots. Maybe some brown boots or white sneakers would look better with these particular jeans? Not really sure.
Originally Posted by ppllzz
fit on those jeans looks like that of my RLBL jeans, though the wash is mildly cooler
The DBSS jeans measure 6.5" on the bottom hem, and the amount of leg taper is a lot less than you'd think. Thus, the thighs are quite narrow too. RLBL actually makes jeans that skinny?! The quality of the DBSS denim is not as good as something like KMW, yet it's priced just as high. Quality is maybe halfway between Nudie and KMW. So a large part of what you're paying for is the wash and design details.

Guus

Reaction score
images_eiec_18_18222_18222_BK0001_tif_fbdb0cb9251f19df.jpg

Does anyone have tips on what to wear it with or not to wear it with?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1

The DBSS jeans measure 6.5" on the bottom hem, and the amount of leg taper is a lot less than you'd think. Thus, the thighs are quite narrow too. RLBL actually makes jeans that skinny?!

The quality of the DBSS denim is not as good as something like KMW, yet it's priced just as high. Quality is maybe halfway between Nudie and KMW. So a large part of what you're paying for is the wash and design details.

yes, last season and this season the jeans are extremely slim.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guus
images_eiec_18_18222_18222_BK0001_tif_fbdb0cb9251f19df.jpg

Does anyone have tips on what to wear it with or not to wear it with?

no pants, only socks. Wowzers~

idlewild

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
A few things I received recently from Japan....

DBSS lambskin trimmed shorts. Doing my very best impersonation of a homeless trust fund university student....

dbss_shorts.jpg

Julius lambskin leather jacket...

jul_jacket.jpg

Where did you get the shorts from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads