• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conan may be replaced by Leno

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Yes, you've proved my point... that's not "tons of ratings."
lol8[1].gif

Conan's almost doubling the ratings of the former leader, so in relative terms it is "tons of ratings." We're talking late night TV here, not primetime.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just hope they don't get rid of Jimmy Fallon. I find his show more entertaining than either Conan or Jay Leno. For some reason, I feel like Conan's become an unfunny dickwad since he took over the Tonight Show. Where he used to be funny, he just now seems like a pompous douche towards his guests.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I just hope they don't get rid of Jimmy Fallon. I find his show more entertaining than either Conan or Jay Leno. For some reason, I feel like Conan's become an unfunny dickwad since he took over the Tonight Show. Where he used to be funny, he just now seems like a pompous douche towards his guests.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i read the thread title as "Conne may be replaced by Leno"
confused.gif
i guess that would be the DT version of this thread

roundheadlights

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater

I like Fallon, but his show is really quite bad. He always seems so awkward, like he's really worried the audience wont find his jokes funny. Maybe that's why he often laughs at his own jokes...

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by roundheadlights
I like Fallon, but his show is really quite bad. He always seems so awkward, like he's really worried the audience wont find his jokes funny. Maybe that's why he often laughs at his own jokes...

Although, to be fair, that's always been his schtick. I agree though, I find his show pretty hard to watch, the monologue in particular.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always been of the opinion that Fallon is a talentless twat who must have blown someone pretty high ranking at NBC to have been kept around and nurtured for so long.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by z7f9q
Although, to be fair, that's always been his schtick. I agree though, I find his show pretty hard to watch, the monologue in particular.

I had heard this from a few people. I caught the full monologue for the first time last night. I actually could have written, and delivered better jokes. Actually. In about 5 minutes. The only good thing about it was its length, very short.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sad thing is, Fallon is still a better interviewer than Leno.

Yeah I said it.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
zucker should have been fired ages ago. is a disaster. could learn a thing from mcpherson.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nonono, this is good (for Conan)! He won't be stuck in limbo now.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Millerp
http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/14/jay-le...show/#comments

TMZ (if they can be believed) is reporting that Leno
has signed a deal to host the Tonight Show from
11:35 - 12:35.

TMZ has been pretty accurate in their big time stories (i.e. Michael Jackson death, Tiger Woods cheating, Chris Henry death) so I'm going to go with TMZ on this one until I read something contradicting them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics