• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by track309
Had a healthy pizza...sounds like an oxymoron, right? Pretty tasty for a pizza with a prebiotic multi-gran, and probiotic crust. http://nakedpizza.biz/
eh.gif

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_1244.jpg
IMG_1249.jpg
Filet Mignon, cooked on a george forman grill, Annies white cheese shell macaroni and cheese, cooked, then baked on a cookie pan, and sprinkled with crunchy onion pieces, seared asparagus and mushrooms. Sauce was hummus + a little BBQ sauce. Wine was a very oaky Italian. Cheese was a Gruyere, iirc. If I had to guess, the TV was programmed to HGTV, a channel I hate but my GF loves. Passionately. House Hunter's, anyone?

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ate at Otom (the sister restaurant) and was pleasantly surprised. What did you think of Moto, from what I've heard it's a bit heavy on the gimmick and light on good food/service.

Originally Posted by tropics
lucky you. ate there about 3 years back and did the tasting menu with wines.
drunk as a monkey leaving the place. was it that pricey? i don't remember it being OTT.

most expensive i have paid for myself was MOTO during the summer.
just got a reservation for schwa in feb... can't wait!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
God, there is nothing better than a well-made Pork Katsu don bowl. Mmmm.

Kaizen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dhc905
What did you think of Moto, from what I've heard it's a bit heavy on the gimmick and light on good food/service.

I ate there a year or two ago, and felt that it was a place that I was glad I experienced, but not anything I'd rush back to - kind of like checking something off of a list. I did the grand tour with the wine pairing and felt that overall the food was very good (except for one eggplant/zucchini dish that I really didn't care for), but it was certainly was focused on the gimmicks. As far as I remember, the service was what I'd expect for that level of restaurant.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
That's a tough reservation. But worth it.
Dinner at Schwa will change your life.

Originally Posted by globetrotter
after last night we were actaully thinking that we would like to try schwa. never interested us before.

ate at schwa a few years back, it was incredible. great night. that time i snagged a last minute reservation from someone on LTHforum that couldn't use it.

this time i had to do it the old skool way - ringing every day for over two weeks!

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dhc905
I ate at Otom (the sister restaurant)What did you think of Moto, from what I've heard it's a bit heavy on the gimmick and light on good food/service.

Originally Posted by Kaizen
I ate there a year or two ago, and felt that it was a place that I was glad I experienced, but not anything I'd rush back to - kind of like checking something off of a list.

i think i would agree with that. some of the dishes were just great, but for me + my girlfriend, 10 course, pairing and a cocktail, it was around $540 i think. that's a lot of cash for me. service was OK, nothing to write home about.

also i would say the wine portions were on the small size. we had the chicken wing dish which came with fin du monde beer, they just poured a small drop into the bottom of a glass. for that kind of cash i would hope to be rolled out in a drunken food stupor - although maybe that's my irish background coming through!

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tropics
i think i would agree with that. some of the dishes were just great, but for me + my girlfriend, 10 course, pairing and a cocktail, it was around $540 i think. that's a lot of cash for me. service was OK, nothing to write home about.

also i would say the wine portions were on the small size. we had the chicken wing dish which came with fin du monde beer, they just poured a small drop into the bottom of a glass. for that kind of cash i would hope to be rolled out in a drunken food stupor - although maybe that's my irish background coming through!

I know what you mean. I dont mind paying, but I want to walk out of something like that in a bit of a food / drink coma...

K

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
I know what you mean. I dont mind paying, but I want to walk out of something like that in a bit of a food / drink coma...

K

espectially when that option is available. I was in Buenos Ares a few months ago in what is probrably one of the top 5 resteraunts there. full botttle of great wine, 4 courses, just about 100 bucks. I was stagering back to the hotel.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
espectially when that option is available. I was in Buenos Ares a few months ago in what is probrably one of the top 5 resteraunts there. full botttle of great wine, 4 courses, just about 100 bucks. I was stagering back to the hotel.

My view is that you can charge me a lot, but just let me leave sated.

I hate walking away from an expensive meal wanting to go and grab a burger or feeling like my wine glass was empty most of the time.

K

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
IMG_0572.jpg

Two types of sausage I made plus cabbage sauteed in lardons I made
smile.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
IMG_0572.jpg

smile.gif

very nice. I usually prefer red to white, but that white looks great

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
IMG_0572.jpg

smile.gif

Nice sausage. (no ****)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads