• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handmade Leather Artisan

Obbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rhett.gay.edu.gov.jp
TS means thread starter?
I love your stuff, Obbi, I wanna buy soon!

haha, I see, Thanks.
Also thanks for your interest
smile.gif

Obbi

Reaction score
I have tried out new items - Bracelets. Using only Veg Tan Leather, twist, turn, cut...into some different designs. Here are some main pics, more on my blog site. Comments?

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually quite interested in making my own leather stuff... Anyone know a good source to get some of that 'natural' leather? No I will not kill a cow.

Obbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
I'm actually quite interested in making my own leather stuff... Anyone know a good source to get some of that 'natural' leather? No I will not kill a cow.

Hm....honestly, I dont get my leather source from online, so my opinions may not count. However, I tried to outsource from the net before and found there are a number of suppliers for leathercraft. Probably, u can try google for it
smile.gif

Obbi

Reaction score
completed some wallets and some other items like laptop bag and hairstylist scissor pouch, updated at my blog. Some preview here, more pics on my blog, comments please.

Bi-fold Wallet
FG-BSBFW01-04.jpg

Mora x Kikuchi wallet
FG-VTMW05-01.jpg

Card/Key pouch
JaneBlackKeyCardHolder1.jpg

JaneBlackKeyCardHolder3.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I like that card/key pouch a lot, Obbi. Everything in one place
smile.gif

I've been making some more card cases lately. It just occurred to me that I can also make them in black with black stitching...

Here's a photo of the new one (top) next to mine, which has about a year's use on it.
walletssm.jpg

iwhelan

Reaction score
That bifold wallet is cool. How thick is it? A bifold like that with a conch-style button would be cool.

Obbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iwhelan
That bifold wallet is cool. How thick is it? A bifold like that with a conch-style button would be cool.

Thanks, the bi-fold is made of cowhide leather, it is softer than veg tan leathers. Now it is around 1.5cm when folded. Customizing is possible to thicken it, I can use a thicker brown or even a thicker veg tan.
Concho-style, yeah, I can do that!

@zissou, can u show the internal pics of your card cases? They are looking good even when new, man!

iwhelan

Reaction score
I just like the size of that wallet vs. the taller ones, but I do love the flap/concho button that keeps it shut. I'm not in the market just yet for a new wallet, but if I am I'll talk to you!

Obbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iwhelan
I just like the size of that wallet vs. the taller ones, but I do love the flap/concho button that keeps it shut. I'm not in the market just yet for a new wallet, but if I am I'll talk to you!

No problem, iwhelan, and thanks for your good comments
smile.gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made a whole bunch of new versions of my original keyhook this weekend. (sorry for the ton of photos!)
keyhook02sm.jpg
keyhook03sm.jpg
keyhook05sm.jpg
keyhook04sm.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads