• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apolis Activism SS09 and FW09

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Binker
fitpic1.jpg

That's a great fit for you. I don't like your choice of pants and footwear with it though. I think the texture and color would be a lot more attractive with either jeans or some different boots. Too much brown.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine definitely needs tailoring. Do you think it's doable, or is just too big and I should give it up?
IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

garmis

Reaction score
Caveat, I don't think that looks bad at all, especially from the back. It's fine in the shoulders, and just a little chest (or waist I cannot really tell from your photo) suppression would make a great fit. Cheap alteration, go for it.

And to answer your question, yes I moved into a house, down off SoCo. Good attention to detail!

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it looks bad, caveat. Just button it and decide if the amount of room in the jacket works for you. I think a semi-relaxed fit on this jacket is good, anyway. The one problem with altering is that you pretty much have to give up on the liner fitting in again, unless you alter that as well.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 3 owners of Apolis Activism were interviewed on Fox News' lunch time program yesterday. They talked about how they are active in each of their factories spread across 5 countries, and about some of the humanitarian work they are doing. It was a pretty short interview, but sort of cool they were even on the show the begin with.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll probably get the liner altered as well just so I'll have the option.

Binker

Reaction score
Looks great, zissou. I almost nabbed one during the context sale, in the end the epaulets put me off.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
Caveat - I think that jacket looks great as-is.

Thanks. The shoulders falling off like that don't bother anyone?

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Binker
Looks great, zissou. I almost nabbed one during the context sale, in the end the epaulets put me off.

I was in the same boat. I've never been able to stomach epaulets.

Binker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caveat
Thanks. The shoulders falling off like that don't bother anyone?

I don't like the baggy fit either. It definitely looks too big in both the shoulders and chest. You actually might be able to wear a small, maybe try posting a trade thread in the B&S. Either way, I don't see why a good tailor wouldn't be able to make it fit perfectly.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a medium USMC jacket if anyone is interested in buying

Clyde

Reaction score
I just picked up the Apolis Activism Wax navy bomber jacket. My favourite jacket to date. Big thanks to Shea at Apolis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads