• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
^ Yes.

A slightly better and easier alternative to tracing it out with a pen would be to scan your hand with the scanner set to black/white (as opposed to greytone or colour). Remember to scan a ruler as well at the same time in case the scanner 'scales' your scanned image.

This method is IMO better as the exact silhouette of your hand is captured, not a slightly 'looser' version (as pen tracings are wont to end up as).

What was the turnaround on these?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
^ Yes.

A slightly better and easier alternative to tracing it out with a pen would be to scan your hand with the scanner set to black/white (as opposed to greytone or colour). Remember to scan a ruler as well at the same time in case the scanner 'scales' your scanned image.

This method is IMO better as the exact silhouette of your hand is captured, not a slightly 'looser' version (as pen tracings are wont to end up as).

Very good stuff, apro. Thank you and enjoy those sweet looking gloves.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ 3 weeks, including shipping to Svvvveeeeeeee-den.

What colour are they in? I also have a hard time visualising their colours given on the website.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up these within the last week

4270090332_3179ca58af.jpg

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Both look great! Where did you get them? Which brand is it?

Originally Posted by TRINI
Picked up these within the last week

4270090332_3179ca58af.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
Both look great! Where did you get them? Which brand is it?

Thanks.

Got them at Danier Leather (Canadian leather brand). They're on sale now, $39 each.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robes of Executiveness
Not a lover of that type of seam stitch - too blocky/bulgy. I got my chamois CJs today, and they have that type. I prefer the invisible seam stitch for a rounded/smooth look. Partially my fault since I did a half/half order or Paris style with shorter wrist of the Francis. But what I got was Francis stitching and wrist. The chamois feels fantastic and soft though. I'll post pics later
Same here. I don't like glove stitching where the edges are exposed. I saw a pair at Saks (retail $200) and it looked like two sheets of leather hastily put together. I like the smoother "inseam" stitching..

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought some Meier-Bruecher Paris gloves a few days ago.
Have to post pics, they're teh ****.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
first the SCs, now these. stop bragging.
ffffuuuu.gif

post the deets of the gloves - what type of leather and lining.
boxing[1].gif

LOL.

They're shearling. No clue about the lining to be honest..

CashmereLover

Reaction score
I thought shearling was "the whole package"; outside+lining.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
isnt sherling teh lining?

and seriously trini,
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by CashmereLover
I thought shearling was "the whole package"; outside+lining.

I think CashmereLover is correct - the content label just says 'Shearling' so that includes both outside and lining.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well reading the thread got me thinking about ordering a nice pair of light coloured gloves from Chester Jefferies, or perhaps a pair of the peccary ones on eBay. Then I went out this morning, and happened to find these in a vintage clothing store - NOS buckskin gloves by 'Webbs', made in England with black handstitching and the little triangular darts on the fingers. The best part is they cost me about 15% of what Chester Jefferies would have charged!

11h37e.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads